Baylor Scheierman

bkamler

Scheierman from South Dakota State is supposedly in the portal and Washut thinks NU will try to get this 6’6 guard from Aurora.

I looked at SDS schedule and extracted Scheierman’s stats from the 7 games they played against legit D1 teams including Providence in NCAA tournament and here’s what I found:

36 Average minutes played per game

5 for 12 shooting

3/6 from 3

3/4 from line

7 rebounds 

3 assists

2 turnovers 

14.4 points per game

Sophomore in eligibility 

Looks like a good get to me if we can pull it off.

22 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

Let’s get him, didn’t he have something like 9 Touchdown passes in one game his Senior year…? 

If he had weighed 190 his senior year instead of 165, he would probably have been the starting quarterback for Nebraska last year.

Offense                              
Passing

Year Grade Team           GP            C          Att       Yds       C%        Avg        Y/G          C/G            TD      TD/G            Int       Lng QB Rate
Varsity Totals   28 480 771 6643 0.623 13.8 237.3 17.1 88 3.1 20 70 117.1
18-19 Senior Varsity 13 255 382 3924 0.668 15.4 301.8 19.6 59 4.5 7 70 132.5
17-18 Junior Varsity 10 197 335 2424 0.588 12.3 242.4 19.7 28 2.8 11 68 95.4
16-17 Soph Varsity 4 28 54 295 0.519 10.5 73.8 7 1 0.3 2 29 58.8

O

10 minutes ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

If he had weighed 190 his senior year instead of 165, he would probably have been the starting quarterback for Nebraska last year.

Offense                              
Passing

Year Grade Team           GP            C          Att       Yds       C%        Avg        Y/G          C/G            TD      TD/G            Int       Lng QB Rate
Varsity Totals   28 480 771 6643 0.623 13.8 237.3 17.1 88 3.1 20 70 117.1
18-19 Senior Varsity 13 255 382 3924 0.668 15.4 301.8 19.6 59 4.5 7 70 132.5
17-18 Junior Varsity 10 197 335 2424 0.588 12.3 242.4 19.7 28 2.8 11 68 95.4
16-17 Soph Varsity 4 28 54 295 0.519 10.5 73.8 7 1 0.3 2 29 58.8

O

Ummm…. there was a player at QB last year Frost had a crush on.

• hhcmatt changed the title to Baylor Scheierman
11 hours ago, Cazzie22 said:

It wouldn’t hurt to go after him.  However, playing against B1G competition night after night, one shouldn’t expect similar results to South Dakota State.

If he transfers to KU or UNC, his overall production will likely drop based on role. But he would step in and be Nebraska's best player right away. Hoiberg's best player always has good production. No idea if that means we would have more team success next year. 

Sounds like a lot of Mid major players like Scheierman are being told to prove they can do it in a power 5 conference before the NBA will take a chance on them.  (depending on the player of course)  The Summit League will become a minor league for conferences like the Big Ten.  Sad state of affairs.  So much for building a program (the old way) at any level anymore.  

20 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Seems a little hash - I can't even find a Rivals or 247 page for him when he was in HS. Not a lot of kids with no recruiting profiles are getting offers from B1G schools. 

I don't know...I really like this dude who did the interview with Brady.  I believe he thought Brady could play for the huskers....

https://youtu.be/uezzSycVBSM 

2 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Sounds like a lot of Mid major players like Scheierman are being told to prove they can do it in a power 5 conference before the NBA will take a chance on them.  (depending on the player of course)  The Summit League will become a minor league for conferences like the Big Ten.  Sad state of affairs.  So much for building a program (the old way) at any level anymore.  

Maybe a strawman counterargument here, but I'd stay that NIL has actually allowed UNC to build some continuity from last year to next year. They got 4 starters coming back next who could have decided to take a chance at G-League/NBA contract, but decided to run it back again. I'm definitely not plugged in enough to know for sure, but I feel very confident in saying UNC's got the ability to make it worth their while to stick around another year. 

It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

Getting interest from Kentucky (via his agent, who's a huge Kentucky fan) is a nice plumb.

But actually jumping from the Summit League into the 5-stars Kentucky pool of players is a big jump--and a risky one. 

Imagine this hypothetical: if a battle for playing time arises (in the next couple seasons) between Baylor and a 5-star freshman who's supposed to be a sure-fire one-and-done, who gets priority?  Probably not the Summit League transfer.

And Summit Player of the Year honors don't always guaranty success at higher levels.  A former three-time Summit Player of the Year from rural Nebraska, for example, is now toiling away on some god-awful professional team in Italy.   In retrospect, he probably would have helped his future pro prospects by transferring to play against higher competition.

11 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

Getting interest from Kentucky (via his agent, who's a huge Kentucky fan) is a nice plumb.

But actually jumping from the Summit League into the 5-stars Kentucky pool of players is a big jump--and a risky one. 

Imagine this hypothetical: if a battle for playing time arises (in the next couple seasons) between Baylor and a 5-star freshman who's supposed to be a sure-fire one-and-done, who gets priority?  Probably not the Summit League transfer.

And Summit Player of the Year honors don't always guaranty success at higher levels.  A former three-time Summit Player of the Year from rural Nebraska, for example, is now toiling away on some god-awful professional team in Italy.   In retrospect, he probably would have helped his future pro prospects by transferring to play against higher competition.

almost felt like the agent was bragging him up in hopes to get drafted more than anything..

2 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

I just don't buy this line of thinking. I don't know. Dudes like Lillard, McCollum, Morant show that the NBA is capable of projecting a player's success from mid major to the big time. I think if the NBA needs Baylor to replicate his success in a power conference then they already have their minds made up on him.

7 hours ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Seems a little hash - I can't even find a Rivals or 247 page for him when he was in HS. Not a lot of kids with no recruiting profiles are getting offers from B1G schools. 

Everyone around the state knew of this guy.  Too many times we overlook Nebraska guys and end up with stiffs from somewhere else. That’s starting to change, thankfully, with Trev’s influence.   You’re seeing more offers to Nebraska kids in football, and men’s and  women’s basketball.   Should help the culture.