Baylor Scheierman

bkamler

12 minutes ago, Cowboy Kermit said:

Some NBA scout or evaluator would have to be blowing a whole lotta sunshine.

Sounds like all the talk about every hoops program from the Kansas' and Kentucky's of the world on down wanting to get him were a whole lotta nothing too.  Guess he has the same agent as Nigel Pack and people don't want to be messing with that?  IDK.

TBF, ending up at Creighton will be a reasonably soft landing for him, but still quite the fall from grace.

8 minutes ago, 49r said:

Sounds like all the talk about every hoops program from the Kansas' and Kentucky's of the world on down wanting to get him were a whole lotta nothing too.  Guess he has the same agent as Nigel Pack and people don't want to be messing with that?  IDK.

TBF, ending up at Creighton will be a reasonably soft landing for him, but still quite the fall from grace.

I think they said all his top 10 did in homes with him minus UK and KU. So more passive interest from UK and KU. Creighton has been tabbed as a Top 10 team in about every "too-early" poll, so I know it'll make us all barf, but they are probably a Final 4 contender with him. Sucks but hard to blame the kid. We would probably be in good position if we knew how to win basketball games.

I have heard that CU is negotiating a certain NIL amount and a minimum number of shots per game!

That would be at minimum a verbal contract and if doesn’t get his shots per game it might be actionable for damages. Major college sports are in a free fall. 

31 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

NIL is out of control.  Hope Baylor lands here.  Still hate Creighton.  That is all.

At this point, I think he's honestly the last thing we need.  He'd be much better off at Creighton anyway.  They have a stronger culture that could potentially withstand the locker room damage this kind of deal will inevitably create.  For us, I think it might be completely devastating.

And just for the record, this is not a sour grapes "we didn't want him anyway".  That's not the case at all.  I think we probably could have used Baylor Scheierman the player, absolutely.  But we probably are NOT ready for "The Baylor Scheierman Experience" as it has apparently become.  So, with that I say congrats Creighton, tip my hat, and go on.  

Hoping we can find people who are here to build a culture.

6 minutes ago, 49r said:

At this point, I think he's honestly the last thing we need.  He'd be much better off at Creighton anyway.  They have a stronger culture that could potentially withstand the locker room damage this kind of deal will inevitably create.  For us, I think it might be completely devastating.

And just for the record, this is not a sour grapes "we didn't want him anyway".  That's not the case at all.  I think we probably could have used Baylor Scheierman the player, absolutely.  But we probably are NOT ready for "The Baylor Scheierman Experience" as it has apparently become.  So, with that I say congrats Creighton, tip my hat, and go on.  

To add to you point, it’s not just An issue for our roster but for any team in college basketball. If you can offer one guy a boat load of NIL money to come play here fine, but those other guys that have already played for you should be increased too then to avoid animosity. What’s to stop CJ from saying “I stuck with you all year last year I want an increase too. This guy hasn’t even played consistently at a high level yet.” It’s uncharted waters with all this and money of all things can create issues. 

Baylor would undoubtedly be a great add. Idk where we’d go next year with him. Tourney? NIT? I don’t know. Maybe Hoiberg is thinking I’m on thin ice as it is I need to do whatever I can to win, which isn’t exactly a formula for success. You can look at it from many fronts. 

24 minutes ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

Starting to really think NIL and I won’t be getting along….

Baylor wants to showcase that he can handle the ball and initiate the offense. Nembhard (sp error but who cares) is back so he won’t start at PG. 

is he skilled enough at 6-6 to play PG in the big ten?? Just asking?? 

He’s much more skilled than our current 6’6” summit league transfer point guard (not a knock on Griesel. Baylor is just that good). 

2 hours ago, 49r said:

I think you might be overreacting to a couple sensational headlines in the twitterverse. This line would have been head scratching 3 weeks ago. 

4 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

I think you might be overreacting to a couple sensational headlines in the twitterverse. This line would have been head scratching 3 weeks ago. 

No overreaction at all.  Absolutely 100% genuine thoughts.

12 minutes ago, 49r said:

No overreaction at all.  Absolutely 100% genuine thoughts.

I mean we don't want the #1 player in the portal because he probably has NIL and PT requirements? That's probably true for every decent recruit. I guess it's probably irrelevant to debate, because I'm sure Fred, the other coaches, Trev, and the entire roster want Baylor in a Nebraska jersey next season.