Who Initiates the Offense?

aphilso1

With next year's roster starting to take shape, there appears to be a gaping hole at the point.  The hole becomes even larger if Trey doesn't come back, although frankly even he isn't the sort of passer that creates many opportunities for teammates.  Defense should be VASTLY improved next year, but without a high quality ball handler/passer or two I don't see a lot of easy buckets.  So, who fills this role next year?  Lloyd? McPherson? Griesel?

Just now, aphilso1 said:

With next year's roster starting to take shape, there appears to be a gaping hole at the point.  The hole becomes even larger if Trey doesn't come back, although frankly even he isn't the sort of passer that creates many opportunities for teammates.  Defense should be VASTLY improved next year, but without a high quality ball handler/passer or two I don't see a lot of easy buckets.  So, who fills this role next year?  Lloyd? McPherson? Griesel?

I just hope there is an offense to be initiated!

55 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

‘Griesel is the PG. will not be flashy but will make the right / correct plays which will really help our consistency I think. I hope / think he can be like the Mulcahy kid who plays point at Rutgers 

Griesel will be the primary option. McPherson should give him rest, assuming he's ready. Lloyd should do some initiating also. 

For the last one, TBD. If Reeves comes aboard, he can probably do some. If not him, it depends on the guy they bring in.

Matt made a point about Wilhelm. You could throw him at the top of the key and have the play start once he catches it. He did exhibit some good passing instincts in the games he played. 

On 4/22/2022 at 12:11 PM, aphilso1 said:

Baylor Scheierman

10 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

What? No reaction at all? Not even a "it'll be hard for him to initiate our offense when he's playing for Kentucky"? This board has lost a step. I hope the rookies look good or we may have to make some off-season trades.

I assumed your comment was tongue in cheek.  Same for jones' comment below yours.