Attendance

Huskerpapa

Pretty impressive on two fronts.  The state of Nebraska has two programs in the top ten.  Tell me again how/why we are only known as a "football state."  I have to believe our attendance at women's basketball and volleyball at these two schools are amongst the best in the nation as well.

Secondly, looking at UNL specifically; attendance is even more amazing given our futile efforts to reach NCAA nirvana.

Yes...these stats relate to tickets sold.  

https://huskerextra.com/news/basketball/mens-basketball/creighton-and-nebraska-rank-in-top-10-for-mens-basketball-ticket-sales/article_35bfd523-5bba-5e28-8c91-92445c658b55.html?utm_source=huskerextra.com&utm_campaign=%2Fnewsletter-templates%2Flocal%2Fheadlines&utm_medium=PostUp&utm_content=d09b424543be8222e4a241a7937d248958c11014

1 hour ago, Huskerpapa said:

Pretty impressive on two fronts.  The state of Nebraska has two programs in the top ten.  Tell me again how/why we are only known as a "football state."  I have to believe our attendance at women's basketball and volleyball at these two schools are amongst the best in the nation as well.

Secondly, looking at UNL specifically; attendance is even more amazing given our futile efforts to reach NCAA nirvana.

Yes...these stats relate to tickets sold.  

https://huskerextra.com/news/basketball/mens-basketball/creighton-and-nebraska-rank-in-top-10-for-mens-basketball-ticket-sales/article_35bfd523-5bba-5e28-8c91-92445c658b55.html?utm_source=huskerextra.com&utm_campaign=%2Fnewsletter-templates%2Flocal%2Fheadlines&utm_medium=PostUp&utm_content=d09b424543be8222e4a241a7937d248958c11014

Volleyball is ALWAYS near the top in attendance.

3 hours ago, 49r said:

I think the word "Attendance" is quite misleading though.  Especially in our case.  Just sayin'

The whole "especially in our case" must refer to men's basketball the past 3 years. Because it sure doesn't extend to all sports, for all time. Nebraska kicks major ass in the attendance department, recently and historically.

Edited by AuroranHusker

Lol...not trying to be a contrarian; but what is Lincoln/Nebraska missing that leads some to say we have nothing else to do but attend sporting events?  Seriously?   

We do not have professional sports...I will give everyone that one.  Although, depending on your community, there are professional sports within a one day, or less diving distance.  But we do have a plethora of outdoor activities that most places don't have.

We have bars, arts, various museums, concerts, plays, musicals, restaurants, zoo's and more.

I believe we sell ourselves short.  Oh yeah, we also have a little elbow room and Lincoln is pretty safe.  

Okay, I will step off the soapbox now.

Edited by Huskerpapa

On 4/14/2022 at 1:17 PM, HuskerFever said:

Waiting for the "That's because there's nothing to do in Nebraska" people to enter the chat...

It's not that there's nothing to do in Nebraska but there are no other sports teams to follow and attend games other than UNL

39 minutes ago, kldm64 said:

It's not that there's nothing to do in Nebraska but there are no other sports teams to follow and attend games other than UNL

Totally depends on your level of interest.  There are the Saltdogs and the Stars (and No Coast is finally starting to return to life since covid shut everthing down)...if you just want to follow sports teams and aren't picky of the level.  Omaha has the Stormchasers and occasionally hear some mention of some bird team up there. Also a lot of Highschool sports teams of course.