Antonio Reeves - Portal

hhcmatt

This is from a Kentucky message board:

Chin Coleman’s connection to Chicago is one to keep an eye on, as the UK assistant was the head coach for the Mac Irvin Fire (Nike EYBL) from 2005-11. Reeves played at Chicago’s Simeon High School as a three-star recruit before spending his first three college seasons with the Redbirds. He put his name in the transfer portal on March 21.

4 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

This is from a Kentucky message board:

Chin Coleman’s connection to Chicago is one to keep an eye on, as the UK assistant was the head coach for the Mac Irvin Fire (Nike EYBL) from 2005-11. Reeves played at Chicago’s Simeon High School as a three-star recruit before spending his first three college seasons with the Redbirds. He put his name in the transfer portal on March 21.

Here's hoping Chin recalls his incredibly short time in Lincoln fondly and is covertly working as a Nebrasketball splinter cell in Lexington 👀

Washut says "there are people in Reeves’ camp who see that and are pushing him to pick NU," when talking about how different his role would be here vs. at Kentucky. Hoiberg is going to Chicago for an in-home visit this week. Seems like there's still some hope. I think the longer it goes on, the better it is for us, as Kentucky is in on some other top transfer guards. Hopefully they land some of them soon. 

2 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

If Reeves does end up here, someone else will need to leave to free up room to run at Scheierman

Question.  Can a walk-on receive a NIL deal?

Ummm, say you don't have a "scholarship" but we can provide you with a one year NIL deal that is worldly. 

I know, I know, the school cannot (wink-wink) provide the deal...but will something like that provide (cough) a new age end run? 

Ummm, just asking.

2 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Question.  Can a walk-on receive a NIL deal?

Ummm, say you don't have a "scholarship" but we can provide you with a one year NIL deal that is worldly. 

I know, I know, the school cannot (wink-wink) provide the deal...but will something like that provide (cough) a new age end run? 

Ummm, just asking.

Yes, we had walk-ons that had small NIL deals this year.