Creighton vs Nebraska game thread

brfrad

How to lose a game in 9 innings.  Creighton gives you every chance to win and you blow it by giving us 5 errors.  Creighton's closer throws nothing but sliders the last 2 innings.  Do we look for that pitch?  Nope, a better idea is to take horrible swings at that pitch.  This team will probably win games this year.  In baseball, even the worst MLB team won 25 % of their games.  This team as it is playing right now, has as close as possible to 0 % chance of making the Big 10 tournament. 

We make so many mistakes.  We drop a ball to get out of an inning, that is the difference in the game.  We fall down running to 1st base with a chance to tie it.  We strike out 2 times with runners on 1st and 3rd with 0 outs.  We get picked off 1st base in the 9th inning.  

1 hour ago, Huskerpapa said:

Yeah...kind of taking a lot of fans by surprise.   

Each phase of the husker game is about a half-turn off.  Every phase.  That is hard to fix during the season.  

I think we are starting to feel some of the impact from Erstads last couple classes. 

But, I am a bit surprised that this team in general is not fundamentally sound. I thought that would be a staple under Bolt even with youth. 

4 hours ago, hskr4life said:

For a basketball reference, this reminds me of the year we after we went dancing under Miles.

Do we think the pressures getting to the boys?  One thing that we’re seeing really hurt is losing quality pitching.

The difference is we had every one coming back with the basketball team.  Baseball lost a ton of production.  We lost Mojo, Hallmark, Acker, Roskam, Schwellenbach, Povich, Hroch last year.  Another thing is we missed out on mid-week games last year.  This year, we are able to get some work for the younger guys.  Last year, we didn't get a chance to get guys work outside of our main rotation.  It didn't help losing Perry, Bunz, and Gomes on the mound.

39 minutes ago, brfrad said:

The difference is we had every one coming back with the basketball team.  Baseball lost a ton of production.  We lost Mojo, Hallmark, Acker, Roskam, Schwellenbach, Povich, Hroch last year.  Another thing is we missed out on mid-week games last year.  This year, we are able to get some work for the younger guys.  Last year, we didn't get a chance to get guys work outside of our main rotation.  It didn't help losing Perry, Bunz, and Gomes on the mound.

and this is why I'm not to worried about this year...

• 2 weeks later...