Edwards is done

Bugeaters1

Yeah...this is a kid that took me from the mountain top to the valley.   What I thought I saw during the initial scrimmage then even to when he started a couple games; to what we saw the last 3/4 of the year, was simply night and day.  Here is the deal though, I believe his handlers screwed this guy.  He has talent and he has athleticism.   He needs time and development.   

Fred maybe said something like this, and either Fred said we can't or won't develop you here or he said, I want to play now...who knows

Can't say this surprises me in the least.

I sort of think we may see at least one, if not two or three more.

Those still seemingly on the clock:

Trey

Lat

DW

Keisei 

Kinda interesting that Fred released his first press statement after Keon enters the portal, and uses it to mention Andre & Lakes as well. I would take that to mean he doesn't expect anyone else to enter the portal. 

Now that doesn't mean a HS recruit won't change his mind or that one of the covid seniors won't be moving on to other opportunities, but just found the timing of the statement interesting.

9 minutes ago, throwback said:

Kinda interesting that Fred released his first press statement after Keon enters the portal, and uses it to mention Andre & Lakes as well. I would take that to mean he doesn't expect anyone else to enter the portal. 

Now that doesn't mean a HS recruit won't change his mind or that one of the covid seniors won't be moving on to other opportunities, but just found the timing of the statement interesting.

I kinda thought the same. Only other iffy one though is Keisei, and he's probably mulling. But those must've been the "expected". 

What I believe is that all of the end-of-the-year interviews have taken place.  I would think that conversation is the good, bad and ugly.  If you stay, these are our expectations and this is where you stand and what do you need to do to get on the court... et al.

At that point the player likely is asked to buy in or if he chooses to look for greener pastures, we need to know by X date.

I would guess that date is close or perhaps has now passed.

3 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

Not sure that Keisei is all that iffy. I'd be pretty surprised, actually, if he leaves.

He's the only one left that I'd qualify honestly. But after Lloyd coming today, I think he's good to stay. 

Lat replacement and a combo guard that can score a bit and I'll be good with the last 2 spots (lat and Trey leave under this thought process) 

• 1 month later...