Walker coming back?

bkamler

5 hours ago, bkamler said:

Pretty reliable source but I hesitate to put that out there. Also heard that Andre is heading up to UNO.

I listened to an interview with Crutchfield on KFAB this morning.  He is very inspiring.  I wouldn't sell him short of getting any athlete to Omaha.  Also, wouldn't be surprised to see him as a head coach at a power six school in the not too distant future.

1 hour ago, Handy Johnson said:

Starting 5:

Blaise

Derrick

C.J.

Sam

Trey*
Off the Bench

Quaran, Wilhelm, Denim, Ramel, TBD

Nebraska could use a dude at SG and PF. Hopefully Wilhelm's healed up to compete for a spot at the 4. And Keita could be a difference maker if he's fully healthy. Lots of "ifs" though to expect this team to be true contenders, I only hope they're not going to remain pretenders.

8 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

Starting 5:

Blaise

Derrick

C.J.

Sam

Trey*
Off the Bench

Quaran, Wilhelm, Denim, Ramel, TBD

Walker and Keita won't ever be on the court at the same time. 

If Trey comes back, I'm afraid our spacing and fluidity on offense won't be much improved. I don't love the Trey/Sam fit, but I can't see Trey accepting a bench role. Washut said whether or not Trey comes back depends on what his role will be next year. To me that sounds like he wants to be more of a primary ball handler. Problem is, Trey is not a good creator. He can get into the lane, but once he gets there he doesn't play under control or make good decisions, and really struggles to finish at the rim. He's also not a productive off-ball option either.  Griesel has certainly improved as a shooter throughout his college career, but it's not one of his strengths. And shooting efficiency generally drops a bit when players move up a level. Pretty sure Hoiberg is bringing him in to be the primary ball handler and decision maker. Walker and Keita obviously won't help stretch defenses.  I agree with other posters saying we need a 2 and a 4 from the portal. We need proven shooters to make room for Sam, Trey, Walker, etc to be effective. Lat is built for that. Unfortunately, he just belongs at a lower level.