Mi’Cole Cayton Transfer

hskr4life

20 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

I’ll admit that I don’t follow womens team as closely, but close enough to know she had a role on our team.  Was this expected?

well not from me anyway.  Got the impression from previous statements that she was glad to be here.

Just a quess...(and I thought she is out of eligibility too)  If she has another year...maybe she simply wants more playing time somewhere. Might be more to it than that...scholarship help, etc

With the newest freshman (2022) coming in...plus the guards that have been out because of injuries...the guard position is full next year.   Don't really see her on the court situation changing should she stay.

It has been great that she recovered from the years of injuries at Cal....., and was able to get back on the floor. More power to her. A very smart and articulate young lady. Deserves the best of all she will accomplish in life.

Cayton will be 24 years old in July.  Ashley Scoggin will be 24 in May.  From the time they transferred here, I wondered (and commented on here I think) about the oddity of, in their last year of eligibility, their playing with and against women six (or in AS case) or even eight years younger. 

18 minutes ago, Tom Jones said:

Cayton will be 24 years old in July.  Ashley Scoggin will be 24 in May.  From the time they transferred here, I wondered (and commented on here I think) about the oddity of, in their last year of eligibility, their playing with and against women six (or in AS case) or even eight years younger. 

Eight years younger would be 16… but I get the point you’re trying to make. 

11 minutes ago, Red Don said:

:ph34r: Just fyi here is Mi'Cole Cayton's announcement!

Thank You Mi'Cole for your time at Nebraska! :Mfclap::Mfclap::Mfclap:

She has been one of my favorites to watch as she has always wanted to be a Husker since the day she left High School. I think she will help a team where ever she goes. I loved watching her play defense. And her shot was looking much better towards the end of the year. 

• 1 month later...

i can see minny being awful young next season. possibly 4 freshman getting majority of minutes. not to mention a couple of sophomores. probably a decent move by whalen to get someone like Cayton with all her experience. i stated in a different post that many minny fans have already christened Mara Braun as FOY. who knows, but, i loved her game in hs. she is going to be a good one---possibly great (for minny) before she is done.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...