2022 WNIT Champions South Dakota State Jackrabbits

Red Don

WBB NIT Bracket: (updated)

Common Opponents:
Drexel, Wyoming, and Drake Still Standing! (Sweet Sixteen)    None of the three make it to the Elite Eight!  ☹️

Out in First Round: Maine
Eliminated Second Round: Purdue, Wake Forest, Minnesota

(Link to Bracketimage.gif:)

https://womensnit.com/tournaments/brackets/2022-Postseason-WNIT/103

Edited by Red Don

• Red Don changed the title to 2022 WNIT Champions SOUTH DAKOTA STATE JACKRABBITS

of course, i watched most of the games. was only able to catch 2nd half of the championship game. pretty impressive display considering they lost their phenom pg the last game of the season. there were a couple or more games during the NIT---it showed they really missed her. really happy for this squad, been through quite a bit with injuries during the season (yes, understand many go through that)----but, to have the tragedy they did just before the tip-off of a game early in the season...the team held together pretty well. congrats to the jacks. with the recruits they have coming in, the future looks really, really good.

btw, jacks were the #2 team in offensive efficiency in the country---and one of the best offensive rebounding teams. i was really surprised how they out rebounded UCLA.....45-27.

UCLA's Cori Close is a really good, confident coach. i'd be willing to bet she has UCLA an NCAA tourney force very soon. 

Edited by whoopdeedoo

1 hour ago, HUD said:

And Alexis M. almost went there.

i could be wrong, but, i think it was way before she played during the summer against some of the best post players in the country and realized she could play P5 bb? if i'm correct, just think if she didn't participate.....she most likely would have been a jackrabbit.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

• Red Don changed the title to 2022 WNIT Champions South Dakota State Jackrabbits