Class A jobs open

1 minute ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Some pretty high profile jobs are open in class A.

Millard North

Omaha Central 

Omaha South 

Elkhorn South

Norfolk 

Lincoln North Star

and the new schools

Thanks for the list. Moving to Lincoln from Michigan in a few weeks and thinking about continuing to coach

58 minutes ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

What happened to the coach at Lincoln North Star?? He was that school’s one and only basketball coach since it opened…

As far as I know he just decided to get out of basketball and still teach History.  He is getting close to being able to retire from teaching will a full pension.  It is kind of amazing that Tony Q has been their only coach, going back to 2002 I believe.  

59 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

As far as I know he just decided to get out of basketball and still teach History.  He is getting close to being able to retire from teaching will a full pension.  It is kind of amazing that Tony Q has been their only coach, going back to 2002 I believe.  

He also has a side business (lawn care I believe).  Between that job and chairing the History Department, his tank was running low.

Some pretty high profile jobs are open in class A.

Millard North
Omaha Central 
Omaha South 
Elkhorn South
Norfolk 
Lincoln North Star
and the new schools

Omaha South has not officially come open yet from what I’ve seen although it seems there is talk old man Chubick is going to retire every single year so maybe you’re ahead of the curve there.

There are also two new OPS high schools opening in the fall that need basketball coaches. Omaha Westview is where Eric Behrens will be the AD and Buena Vista is the other new school.

4 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

One of the nicest men to do it. Had a knack for getting teams to overachieve also. 

2 hours ago, Cowboy Kermit said:

Omaha South has not officially come open yet from what I’ve seen although it seems there is talk old man Chubick is going to retire every single year so maybe you’re ahead of the curve there.

There are also two new OPS high schools opening in the fall that need basketball coaches. Omaha Westview is where Eric Behrens will be the AD and Buena Vista is the other new school.

Also Lincoln Northwest

I’ve had very positive interactions with Coach Q. Genuinely nice guy who cares a lot about his players. Wanted to put Lincoln back on the state map- I remember talking with him and he was finding out about an incoming transfer from a high school in Kansas that he thought looked like a great athlete and could play a little hoops- turned out to be Luke Reimer…

52 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Both new Lincoln Schools are going to be class B and Northwest isn’t even having a senior class this year.  And the conference they joined is maybe the best B conference in Nebraska.

Going to be a tough job for a couple of years.

My bad.  Forgot about those schools being in class B. (Standing Bear next year) Sounds like the general voting population in Lincoln is wondering why they built 2 new schools in Lincoln if the enrollment at those schools may keep them class B for a while.

1 hour ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

My bad.  Forgot about those schools being in class B. (Standing Bear next year) Sounds like the general voting population in Lincoln is wondering why they built 2 new schools in Lincoln if the enrollment at those schools may keep them class B for a while.

They had been asked by many parents for at least one smaller school.  I see them all being class in about 5-7 years.

2 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Sounds like the general voting population in Lincoln is wondering why they built 2 new schools in Lincoln if the enrollment at those schools may keep them class B for a while.

My only beef is due to my OCD and why they didn't name it some sort of Lincoln "Directional" School. Serious anxiety because of this. 

19 hours ago, basketballjones said:

My only beef is due to my OCD and why they didn't name it some sort of Lincoln "Directional" School. Serious anxiety because of this. 

The didn't with Lincoln Northstar and so hard to make the point now they need to do directional names.  I totally agree with you cause I lobbied for Lincoln Northstar to be named Lincoln North but was told by the school board that they didn't want Lincoln and Omaha to have any of the same names and there was already a Omaha North high school.