No. 10 South Dakota Shocks No. 2 Baylor in Second Round, Advances to Sweet 16 For First Time

Redhac

WACO, Texas (AP) — Hannah Sjerven scored 16 points and Chloe Lamb added 15 as 10th-seeded South Dakota beat Baylor 61–47 on Sunday to advance to the Sweet 16 for the first-time ever.

The Coyotes (29–5) scored the game’s first 11 points and led throughout against 12-time Big 12 regular-season champion Bears, who had won 17 consecutive NCAA tourney games played on their home court since 2011.

2 hours ago, Redhac said:

WACO, Texas (AP) — Hannah Sjerven scored 16 points and Chloe Lamb added 15 as 10th-seeded South Dakota beat Baylor 61–47 on Sunday to advance to the Sweet 16 for the first-time ever.

The Coyotes (29–5) scored the game’s first 11 points and led throughout against 12-time Big 12 regular-season champion Bears, who had won 17 consecutive NCAA tourney games played on their home court since 2011.

Holy Moly!!!  😮

Celebrating in Vermillion Tonight!!!  🎇🍾

6 hours ago, Cazzie22 said:

South Dakota is an impressive team.  I love the way they maximize their personnel and that they play with no fear.  The NCAA clearly should have also invited South Dakota St.  

usd got a huge break when Sverjen chose to attend usd. she makes the rest of the team better... but a far majority of post players with her skills go to power 5 schools. i believe she transferred from Utah or Utah St? think she is from Rochester, Mn. i'm sure Plitzuiet (sp?) is gonna get a lot of money thrown her way.....now, whether she wants to move on (yet) is another story. but, who knows, maybe she is completely content at this level and remains at usd......kinda like johnson from sdsu. although, thought maybe johnson would have taken the minny job (he is from just north of mpls) but, minny was not gonna hire a male. instead they got whalen.

not a usd fan at all.....but, i am going to root for them to beat michigan!!! go yotes!

love to see brown go down!

Edited by whoopdeedoo