Griesel ist N

hhcmatt

North Dakota St Grad Transfer and Lincoln native Sam Griesel has committed to play for Nebraska for his last season of eligibility. After starring at Lincoln East, Griesel original committed to former Nebraska assistant Craig Smith and South Dakota.  After Smith left for Utah State, Griesel changed his commitment to Dave Richman and North Dakota St.

Last season Griesel averaged 14.3 points and 6.6 rebounds while leading the team in assists; shot a career high 39.3% from 3.  He also missed 7 of the team's first 8 games because of a bleeding ulcer. Up until 2 week ago, Griesel seemed destined to try his hand at playing professional basketball in Europe , such as Germany where he'd played for their U20 squad due to his father's German heritage.

Griesel has one year of eligibility left and is capable of playing either pg or wing.

View full article

20 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

North Dakota St Grad Transfer and Lincoln native Sam Griesel has committed to play for Nebraska for his last season of eligibility. After starring at Lincoln East, Griesel original committed to former Nebraska assistant Craig Smith and South Dakota.  After Smith left for Utah State, Griesel changed his commitment to Dave Richman and North Dakota St.

Last season Griesel averaged 14.3 points and 6.6 rebounds while leading the team in assists; shot a career high 39.3% from 3.  He also missed 7 of the team's first 8 games because of a bleeding ulcer. Up until 2 week ago, Griesel seemed destined to try his hand at playing professional basketball in Europe , such as Germany where he'd played for their U20 squad due to his father's German heritage.

Griesel has one year of eligibility left and is capable of playing either pg or wing.

Updated

36 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Kool-Aid anyone?

Yeah, that's great and all but I see these kinds of rankings and I think about them in the same way that they talk about the "top 5 Juco recruits".  We've all seen how that has worked out...

43 minutes ago, 49r said:

Yeah, that's great and all but I see these kinds of rankings and I think about them in the same way that they talk about the "top 5 Juco recruits".  We've all seen how that has worked out...

Hey, it might have taken 40 years, but Handy Johnson has proven to be strong at the post.  

47 minutes ago, 49r said:

TBF, we probably are just touching the surface of available transfers and he probably won’t be Top 10 when all is said and done.

However, I’m super excited he’s going to be wearing N next year. He seems like one that wants to play for NEBRASKA first.

Fred Hoiberg on Sam:

“Sam brings a lot of experience, leadership and versatility to our program,” Hoiberg said. “He’s a physical guard who can all over the floor for us with his combination of size, skill and basketball IQ. He’s played point guard at North Dakota State the past two years and gives us a bigger guard who can match up well in the Big Ten.  Sam is a four-year starter who has played in the NCAA Tournament and understands what it takes to win at a high level. He’s also excited to come back home and represent Nebraska, and we are pleased to add him to the Husker program.”