Iowa loses to Creighton

redsteve

Had to chuckle at this pathetic whining from Blunder in the ESPaN article:

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/33558576/women-ncaa-tournament-2022-how-creighton-bluejays-upset-iowa-hawkeyes-caitlin-clark

Blunder was less pleased with the officiating, although she credited how well the Bluejays played.

"I do believe that that game was called differently than what we've seen all year, and I really think that's unfortunate," Blunder said. "We average going to the free throw line 18 times; we go eight tonight. We averaged 34 fouls being called in [our games]; 22 were called tonight. It's pretty frustrating when an NCAA championship game is called completely different than the 30 games that prepared you for this point, and that is very frustrating."

Yeah, it's really unfortunate when they finally call the game fairly and your once-in-a-lifetime star player, who initiates contact on every drive to the basket and gets the whistle whether there is a foul or not, doesn't get the phantom fouls called.  And its really unfortunate that you're such a subpar coach that you and your team of whiners can't adjust to not having every call go your way.  What a bunch of babies.

I am not a fan of Bluder and her whining but she is not a subpar coach.  Her and her staff maximize their talent and develop post players.  Creighton showed that Clark can be defended and I hope we take notes.  Creighton shows that good, well coached, confident players can defeat superior talent.  South Dakota has also demonstrated that ability.

6 hours ago, Cazzie22 said:

I am not a fan of Bluder and her whining but she is not a subpar coach.  Her and her staff maximize their talent and develop post players.  Creighton showed that Clark can be defended and I hope we take notes.  Creighton shows that good, well coached, confident players can defeat superior talent.  South Dakota has also demonstrated that ability.

i don't remember what class of basketball Gustafson came from, but, do know Czinano came from a town of a little over 4000. maybe class c in minny? doubt they played many of the bigger schools, if at all. who knows if bluder is telling the truth when she stated (laughingly) they had no idea Czinano would be this good. kinda believe her on this one. i'm sure Czinano worked hard by herself, but, i also believe she had a lot of help. and O'Grady (Grady?) can't remember her correct last name, is going to be another good one.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

22 hours ago, Cazzie22 said:

You're correct, of course, but thankfully she was subpar against Crayton the other day and thus the Iowegians are no longer in the tournament.