Comparing Regular season to Post Season

Blindcheck

12 hours ago, Ron Mexico said:

What I'd like to see is the conference go to a normal 14 team bracket where only the top 2 teams get a bye. Still start the tournament on Wednesday and end it on Saturday.

The BIG does itself no favors by ending the tournament on Sunday. 

image.png

Didn't the Big 8 tournaments used to go Friday Saturday and Sunday?  I seem to recall riding home after the final games on Sunday and listing to the NCAA picks on the way home. 

12 hours ago, Ron Mexico said:

What I'd like to see is the conference go to a normal 14 team bracket where only the top 2 teams get a bye. Still start the tournament on Wednesday and end it on Saturday.

The BIG does itself no favors by ending the tournament on Sunday. 

Just playing devil's advocate here.

But did we talk about conference tournament formats when the Big Ten was seeing deep runs by Big Ten teams in late March?

(Suppose the counter argument is the conference not winning the entire thing for the last two decades.)

59 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

1. It is more expensive for fans.

2. It makes it virtually impossible for one of the 4 bottom lower seeds to have a "Cinderella story"

3. 5 days on the road is a grind and does not allow for adequate recovery prior to the NCAA tournament.

1. I can see that.  Also gives fans one less weekend day to work with.

2.  I guess.  But it also means something to not be a low seed.

3.  It’s 5 days on the road whether you start on Tuesday or Wednesday.  You still get same amount of recovery time.