Nominations for Staff Backfills

Aren't we limited to three assistants?  If so we only have one assistant coaching position open?  We would also have one staff position as well.

Here is a question.  What part of the country do we wish to recruit?  For example, Miles liked Chicago.  I sort of think Gates recruits the upper midwest...I think.  Sounds like Nebraska and other lower midwest will be handled by Loenser.  Gates currently develops the backcourt and Loenser handles the frontcourt...but I digress. 

If we want to focus on another area, then that is where our new assistant needs to come from.  Right?

39 minutes ago, HuskerCager said:

What would he bring?  I guess if he has great statewide relationships with local coaches and high schools, then maybe.  Otherwise I can't imagine this is a piece that gets us out of the Big Ten cellar.

IDK. Just throwing out some ideas. I also think he's a good coach, but another offensive mind. Could be helpful in reestablishing some local relationships.

8 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Aren't we limited to three assistants?  If so we only have one assistant coaching position open?  We would also have one staff position as well.

Here is a question.  What part of the country do we wish to recruit?  For example, Miles liked Chicago.  I sort of think Gates recruits the upper midwest...I think.  Sounds like Nebraska and other lower midwest will be handled by Loenser.  Gates currently develops the backcourt and Loenser handles the frontcourt...but I digress. 

If we want to focus on another area, then that is where our new assistant needs to come from.  Right?

New York, Ohio, Atlanta, would be good places to be involved. Good AAU relationships, I would think would be imperative. 

Does anyone know Hoiberg's long-term plans?  He's a man of character, and maybe, just maybe he agreed to the restructuring of his contract because of his admiration of his grandfather, his family and UNL.  Maybe he plans to retire after next season.  If so, he gets to hire his replacement as Associate Head Coach.  Not a bad plan. He leaves trying his best, saving UNL money, putting a coach he approves in as head coach and being able to pick out the goat we get to sacrifice to turn this crap around.

If I'm wrong, Hoiberg better get some excellent assistant coaches and get his ass off the couch and do some recruiting and coaching.  What can I say?  Either way, get going.

Edited by cipsucks

4 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

Does anyone know Hoiberg's long-term plans?  He's a man of character, and maybe, just maybe he agreed to the restructuring of his contract because of his admiration of his grandfather, his family and UNL.  Maybe he plans to retire after next season.  If so, he gets to hire his replacement as Associate Head Coach.  Not a bad plan. He leaves trying his best, saving UNL money, putting a coach he approves in as head coach and being able to pick out the goat we get to sacrifice to turn this crap around.

If I'm wrong, Hoiberg better get some excellent assistant coaches and get his ass of the couch and do some recruiting and coaching.  What can I say?  Either way, get going.

Wait...is next season not Year 0?

You know... because all 365 teams experienced COVID, turnover, graduating players, and losing assistant coaches.

Just wait until we get to Year 4!

How about we get an SEC bag man with a shady recruiting background?

And then not have him deliver any top notch recruits.

It'd be peak Nebraska.

Bring some of those cool NCAA sanctions but no wins… or we get stripped of our first NCAA win because of it… that would be fitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk