Doc’s gone

1 hour ago, FredsSlacks said:

i'm not kicking him while he's down. I just find it interesting that people are wishing doc well, but when Riley got fired nobody gave a S**t about his well being. 

I was genuinely just trying to figure out the difference, but apparently nebrasketball fans are just kinder than the football fans?

a good example is that if frost brought riley on as an assistant, i don't think the football fans would be happy at all about this. where with Doc it was celebrated even though he did no better than riley as a head coach here.

If you don't get it then no amount of explanation is ever going to help

well, hopefully my Doc fandom doesn't get questioned again in this thread, but this hurts. When doc was in hattiesburg, he still raved about his time in Lincoln. 

Sadler isn't just one of my favorite nu coaches of all time, hes one of my favorite coaches period. 

Crappy way to go out, since i know he was looking forward to, and genuinely thought that Hoiberg would, end 'the streak". 

Just now, hhcmatt said:

Wouldn't be terribly surprised if Bill Self hires Doc

I don't know at all where Doc's heart is regarding coaching at this point, even an assisting gig. You have any insight into this at all Matt? I really want to see him go out in a good situation. 

9 minutes ago, tcp said:

I don't know at all where Doc's heart is regarding coaching at this point, even an assisting gig. You have any insight into this at all Matt? I really want to see him go out in a good situation. 

Doc can be employed if he wants to be. The guy knows basketball and he's connected. I guess it depends on if he's ready to retire or not.

9 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Might be worthwhile mentioning that Doc had the highest winning percentage of any men's Nebraska basketball head coach in the last 22 years.

Isn't he also our only coach in the last 22 years who beat the eastern Nebraskans more than once? That counts for something.

22 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

What’s even more sad sometimes is seeing this board dog on the guys with the best winning percentage in 22 years and the one who too is to our only

NCAA tournament in the past 23 years.

Something tells me you were 1 of those guys who was offended by G Herbo performing at late night too.

On 3/18/2022 at 8:29 PM, Minnesota_Husker said:

Sometimes being a good human and someone who helps shape young men doesn’t show up in the record books.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Valid point but these coaches aren't getting paid that kind of money to shape young men.  Not doubt, Doc was a likeable guy but he was an average coach.  Hard not to like Doc the person but we aren't paying him to be a good human.  We are paying him to help win basketball games.