GONZAGA GAME DAY THREAD

12dozen

2 hours ago, Cazzie22 said:

If Sam leaves who among our wing players can get to the basket on their own? I love our team but to move forward and towards the very top we are going to need some elite players.  We will be a good team next season but I want to be very good.

I think she'll come back, but they need to add more players. Portal or wherever. Maybe Weidemann wants her COVID year back inside the state. She'd help. 

Pretty hard to have two roster spots taken up by two players who have effectively missed two seasons. Need to see where they are health-wise. 

1 hour ago, swmckewon said:

I think she'll come back, but they need to add more players. Portal or wherever. Maybe Weidemann wants her COVID year back inside the state. She'd help. 

Pretty hard to have two roster spots taken up by two players who have effectively missed two seasons. Need to see where they are health-wise. 

We need Moriarity or Porter or both to step up next season.  I do hope Sam comes back.  Our depth at the guard spot was weakened when we had the unfortunate situation.  I don’t see anyone on the current roster taking Sam’s place if she doesn’t return.

28 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

We need Moriarity or Porter or both to step up next season.  I do hope Sam comes back.  Our depth at the guard spot was weakened when we had the unfortunate situation.  I don’t see anyone on the current roster taking Sam’s place if she doesn’t return.

Nor I. But NU can work the portal. Nebraska's a pretty good spot to land. 

19 hours ago, Cazzie22 said:

If Sam leaves who among our wing players can get to the basket on their own?

16 hours ago, swmckewon said:

15 hours ago, Cazzie22 said:

As @redstevementioned in 'Big Ten Team News'  how about:

Aaliyah Nye 5-11 Guard of Illinois is reported to be in the Portal leading scorer this year for the Illini from Michigan should have 3 years left

Alluded to by Sam, Nailah Dillard is another wild-card, who could become a formidable player/scorer if her recovery from successive surgeries is successful and she is healthy.

So many uncertainties going into next season:

1. Who stays, and who is leaving?
  2. Who is going to 'step-up' and 'stand-out' next season?
  3. Will the great leap forward from Freshman to Sophomore years kick-in?
  4. How will the redshirts (Trinity Brady & Tatiana Popa) develop?
  5. Who (unknowns) might we be able to pick-up in the portal?
  6. Maybe even as important, who will be Amy's Assistant Coaches next season?

Regardless, I believe we are in a GOOD PLACE. 

With the program/camaraderie Coach Williams has built, who Wouldn't want to come to Nebraska?

All said, I believe things are looking up on the recruiting front! 

Seems to me the question might be: Will there be enough room?

Edited by Red Don

I wanted to see how Gonzaga played vs Louisville after advancing . After digging themselves into a 0-14 hole to start the game image.gif, the Zags rallied to 32-36 at halftime, even holding the lead for some of the time. Louisville had a big 3rd qtr, outscoring the Zags 20-12, but Zags reduced their lead in the fourth quarter, outscoring Louisville 15-12, to lose 59-68.

Just out of curiosity I listened to the Louisville Post-game conference with HC Jeff Walz (former Nebraska Assist), Emily Engstler, Kianna Smith & Hailey Van Lith. (29:50)

A very impressive listen! I recommend it for anyone. Great Coach interview, and very impressive (well-spoken) players.  Seems to me it could be helpful in understanding what we have to do to reach the next level - I liked Walz's comments about Assistant Coaches, i.e getting the best you can.

Edited by Red Don