Matt Abdelmassih is done

Bugeaters1

4 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Rumor has it, Abdelmassih's recruiting strategy was the same method that Moos used for his shortlist of candidates, stashed away in a desk on the back of a napkin.

If this is the case I always wondered where the money came from?  Is there a pile of cash in the basketball office you can grab from?  Is there an off shore account?  Wouldn't somebody else (other coaches) know where the money went?  Most schools have audits every year.  Was Matt raising the money himself?  The questions are endless.

13 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

If this is the case I always wondered where the money came from?  Is there a pile of cash in the basketball office you can grab from?  Is there an off shore account?  Wouldn't somebody else (other coaches) know where the money went?  Most schools have audits every year.  Was Matt raising the money himself?  The questions are endless.

Funny, I read that as the napkin consisting of an username and password to rivals

18 hours ago, Nighthawk said:

Been kind of waiting, as I've noticed he has been kind of vocal.  Probably trying to gather his thoughts before commenting. When he's ready he will say. 

Boy, I've heard the same "rumor" from multiple people about what Matt's issue was that gave him health problems. And it's been my understanding for awhile that he would be gone at the end of the season, so this was no surprise to me at all.

I can't really say what I've been told because I don't want to get anyone in trouble. But let me just say that if you have a weak stomach, you probably shouldn't eat a lot of spicy food, maybe, or do things that would invite a lot of stress into your life.

And if you DO do things that would invite a lot of stress into your life and you're not sure how to handle it, consult with an expert in the area like @royalfan who would perhaps be able to give you great advice, like start small, don't make it habitual, set the family's milk money aside, stuff like that.

Good luck to Matt's next program.

3 minutes ago, nustudent said:

Ramel Lloyd has removed his Nebraska content from social media 

It sucks, but it opens up a much needed scholarship if it comes to fruition. If Greisel ends up happening like it looks, I wouldn't be opposed to taking a wing with his scholarship. Whether it be freshman or transfer. 

19 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Maybe our problem was players not playing for the name on the front of the jersey and instead playing for a name that wasn't even on the jersey.

I want guys who want to be at NEBRASKA.  Period.  

Sometimes you gotta get em here first then the transition happens. 

32 minutes ago, nustudent said:

Ramel Lloyd has removed his Nebraska content from social media 

You can find guards. They’re everywhere. Just have to do a better job picking the right fits. Finding the right front court pieces is much harder. Kieta is a much bigger priority. Hopefully they figure out how to keep him in the fold. 

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

Boy, I've heard the same "rumor" from multiple people about what Matt's issue was that gave him health problems. And it's been my understanding for awhile that he would be gone at the end of the season, so this was no surprise to me at all.

I can't really say what I've been told because I don't want to get anyone in trouble. But let me just say that if you have a weak stomach, you probably shouldn't eat a lot of spicy food, maybe, or do things that would invite a lot of stress into your life.

And if you DO do things that would invite a lot of stress into your life and you're not sure how to handle it, consult with an expert in the area like @royalfan who would perhaps be able to give you great advice, like start small, don't make it habitual, set the family's milk money aside, stuff like that.

Good luck to Matt's next program.

You don't make a hell of a lot of sense on your evaluation of me doling out advice.  I don't have stress and I have always been in complete control.  If talking about my career being perceived as high risk, it isn't when you are the best at it.  I wouldn't have any advice on the subject.  

12 minutes ago, royalfan said:

You don't make a hell of a lot of sense on your evaluation of me doling out advice.  I don't have stress and I have always been in complete control.  If talking about my career being perceived as high risk, it isn't when you are the best at it.  I wouldn't have any advice on the subject.  

Your not high on yourself are you?

1 hour ago, royalfan said:

Feels like that was a tongue-in-cheek comment

1 hour ago, royalfan said:

royalfan is one of my favorites!  

On 3/18/2022 at 3:24 PM, royalfan said:

So, it seems like you've taken umbrage to the fact I suggested you're an expert, someone who could potentially give non-experts advice on a particular topic. Was "expert" too mild of a term for someone with your degree of proficiency?

I'm confused. I thought it was a compliment.

Has anyone else heard any rumors relating to a possible assistant coach hire.  Ummm, perhaps a coach with very recent conference head coaching experience. An ex-head coach with some pretty strong ties to Lincoln???  Perhaps someone who has strong recruiting ties to both the east coast and the plains.  Just asking for a friend.