Matt Abdelmassih is done

Bugeaters1

• Bugeaters1 changed the title to Matt Abdelmassih is done
Technically yes, but as we saw with Xavier Johnson first hand, a lot of times players have a great relationship with an assistant and if said assistant leaves the recruits do often also. 
It was supposed to be a joke.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Had to personally be a tough conversation between Matt and Fred.  I wish the marriage would have worked...but it didn't.  

I am quite sure Matt will land on his feet.

I am also quite sure that any loss of recruits will be okay.  If that player leaves, I will guess that it wouldn't have worked anyway.

Edited by Huskerpapa

If we want them, then we re-recruit them.  Not a biggie.  If Matt A is actually a friend of Fred's, I doubt he will negatively recruit against him on those players...but hey who knows.  

Kinda seems strange that players would come to Nebraska for a "coach" that doesn't actually coach.  Unless of course, that coach provides them something besides coaching.

Hard to judge the impact until Matt A gets a new job, which he will.

We will add a new coach and get new recruits or transfers that way. Matt seemed like a great add but outside of a few flashes in the pan this team talent hasn’t turned into anything.

I hope they create a stronger identity in recruiting and get guys who will blend a bit better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk