Roster changes

jimmykc

9 hours ago, Minnesota_Husker said:

I am hopeful he moves on. Very frustrating player to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IF Lat returns (and if I happened to be the coach) the following would occur.  He would HAVE TO improve his handles or he would fully understand he is to only catch and shoot.  Secondly, he would not start.  Rather, he would be a role player off of the bench. 

He certainly has been our most frustrating player to watch over the past two years.  We hear of his exceptional prowess in shooting the three; yet he constantly bypasses the open look, puts the ball on the floor and becomes a turnover waiting to happen.   Lord, it is simply deflating. 

On 3/16/2022 at 10:06 AM, Huskerpapa said:

IF Lat returns (and if I happened to be the coach) the following would occur.  He would HAVE TO improve his handles or he would fully understand he is to only catch and shoot.  Secondly, he would not start.  Rather, he would be a role player off of the bench. 

He certainly has been our most frustrating player to watch over the past two years.  We hear of his exceptional prowess in shooting the three; yet he constantly bypasses the open look, puts the ball on the floor and becomes a turnover waiting to happen.   Lord, it is simply deflating. 

I have wondered if part of the reason he bypasses some shots are that his release is slow.

11 hours ago, huskerbill85 said:

Was told Lat is gone and it sounded like he didn't have much of a choice 

Yeah, kind of an ongoing theme.  Has Fred had his "end of the season" meetings with the players yet; or has his immediate focus been on staff?

My belief is that we will start hearing of definitive player decisions once those meetings take place.  

Hello and goodbye to Bryce, a not unexpected subtraction from our roster. Now to start building for next year. I enjoyed watching him develop but am not sure having 5-star recruits with all their baggage is the best way to insure a successful program, even for Calipari, now. It seems that recruiting a bunch of jigsaw-piece players with various talents and aspirations and then fitting them together into a team is the best way to proceed. The top coaches have the knack of appreciating what the puzzle will look like before the season begins.

• 4 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

I thought this might be the case.  We seem to be in on more players from the portal lately.  

Yeah that's what he was saying too.  But also that if those two are indeed not coming back we will need to be a whole lot more active in the portal.