Sunday evenings NCAA pep rally....

whoopdeedoo

The Nebraska Women's Basketball NCAA Tournament Selection Show presented by Woodhouse Auto will also be live streamed through @HuskersWBB Facebook, @HuskersWBB Twitter, Huskers You Tube and Huskers.com with Huskers Radio Network host Jessica Coody

https://huskers.com/news/2022/3/9/womens-basketball-huskers-invite-fans-to-watch-party.aspx

Edited by Red Don

Just now, Fastbreaker said:
3 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

It's less about Nebraska being put where they are, and more about Louisville still keeping that #1 seed with their tournament performance.

What does Louisville being number have to do with Nebraska being seeded to high. 

The matchup we would have to face if we win our first round.

This whole "everyone is against us" defeatest attitude is self-inflicted. NCAA doesn't care about us one way or another.

3 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

The matchup we would have to face if we win our first round.

This whole "everyone is against us" defeatest attitude is self-inflicted. NCAA doesn't care about us one way or another.

You miss the whole point  We have a sweet 16 caliber team if we were seeded correctly as a 6 and got a good 3 seed draw

2 minutes ago, Fastbreaker said:

You miss the whole point  We have a sweet 16 caliber team if we were seeded correctly as a 6 and got a good 3 seed draw

Yeah, understood. Agree it's not an ideal draw whatsoever. And get the frustration.

I guess I had phased out the "well that sucks" phase and just exited we have a chance to play in mid-March. Valid point though.

Edit: adding in that I was excited to not be in the South Carolina, UConn (or NC State), and Stanford brackets. Which was a win in-and-of-itself for me.

Edited by HuskerFever

I was hoping for Ames as Louisville is further than I would like to travel.  Gonzaga will be a tough test and we will have to play our best to even have a shot at the Cardinals. 

However, Louisville is probably the best #1 for us to go against.  Regardless, it will be an important experience for our young team.

Edited by Cazzie22
Additional comments

13 minutes ago, Fastbreaker said:

Eliminate 1-2 more of those bad losses and we may have been. Unfortunately the seeding committee doesn’t take into account scandals resulting in losses to bottom tier Big 10 teams.

30 minutes ago, Fastbreaker said:

I'm not sure where we actually fall...but as a #8 seed it's between #29-#32. A 6 seed would put us around #21-24.

The teams from #21 to #32 are as follows:

6 Seed

Georgia: #26 NET, 20-9, 7-3 Road, 2-1 Neutral, 11-5 Home, SEC 2nd Round

Kentucky: #34 NET, 19-11, 4-6 Road, 4-0 Neutral, 11-5 Home, SEC Champion

Ohio St.: #31 NET, 23-6, 8-3 Road, 1-1 Neutral, 14-2 Home, Big Ten Semifinals

BYU: #11 NET, 26-3, 9-2 Road, 3-1 Neutral, 14-0 Home, WCC Runner-Up

7 seed

Colorado: #29 NET, 22-8, 7-4 Road, 2-1 Neutral, 13-3 Home, Pac-12 Semifinal

UCF: #15 NET, 25-3, 9-2 Road, 5-0 Neutral, 11-1 Home, AAC Champion

Utah: #27 NET, 20-11, 5-5 Road, 4-2 Neutral, 11-4 Home, Pac-12 Runner-Up

Ole Miss: #24 NET, 23-8, 9-2 Road, 4-1 Neutral, 10-5 Home, SEC Semifinal

8 seed

Miami (FL): #42 NET, 20-12, 5-5 Road, 3-3 Neutral, 12-4 Home, ACC Runner-Up

Washington St.: #58 NET, 19-10, 7-6 Road, 1-2 Neutral, 11-2 Home, Pac-12 Quarterfinals

Kansas: #38 NET, 20-9, 7-3 Road, 1-2 Neutral, 12-4 Home, Big 12 Quarterfinals

Nebraska: #23 NET, 24-8, 5-6 Road, 3-1 Neutral, 16-1 Home, Big Ten Semifinal

Disappointed in some ways but not surprised to get a seed lower than a seven.  I guess if any of us thought a 6 was realistic (I probably fall in that category) must feel a little delusional now.  I'm used to a NU team I follow getting lower than expected.  I suppose they might have held the PSU loss against us more than I thought.  That said, Let's give it our all and see what happens!  GBR!!  🏀 🌽

Edited by mwm89

didn't think they would drop to an 8, but, I've seen enough selection shows where one shouldn't be shocked. 

haven't seen Zags play, but, i would think 8/9 is more often a toss up.

well..........97.3theticket "early morning" came right out and said it "Nebraska got screwed"!

Edited by whoopdeedoo