2022 March Madness

sallis played fewer minutes than tominaga did here. let that sink in. 

i think there's a good chance he transfer regardless what the backcourt depth is like at gonzaga next year.

given our lack of point guard depth and fred's reputation for producing nba talent, i think we have just as good of a shot at sallis as anybody if he decides to transfer.

Edited by FredsSlacks

25 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

Is there legit reaction with Sallis transferring? Or just speculation based on his minutes? Nembhard and Bolton should both not be back, so him and Hickman will both have the a great shot at the lions share of minutes at the two guard spots. 

Would be shocked if he did. Parents moved there, he always wanted to leave the state to play and he will be in line for a lot of minutes next year. Plus Few is great at development 

Just now, Art Vandalay said:

Would be shocked if he did. Parents moved there, he always wanted to leave the state to play and he will be in line for a lot of minutes next year. Plus Few is great at development 

Yeah that's what I'm at. I never thought Sallis would start day 1 there nor get a ton of minutes. And that's not to any fault of him, Gonzaga is a powerhouse. 

Rough Sunday for Big 10. Illinois, Michigan St., Ohio St. & Wisconsin all knocked out with Purdue yet to play. Like to say it bothers me to see these teams lose but it doesn't. Especially when they are on bad end of questionable reffing. Don't see them complain when they get obvious calls go their way. Watching Brad Davison do worse than what Verge got t'ed up for and get away with it pisses me off. I'd love to see a/any conference commish come out and say something about holding refs (in all sports) being held accountable. It clearly hurts teams that get benefit of the doubt during the season from Carstensen, McJunkins, Garrison, Boroski, Cirotto, Pfieffer, etc only to see them react negatively when they don't get calls in NCAA tourney. 

Back to my porch and telling kids to get off my lawn after a glass of warm milk.

What a choke job by the Badgers - the NCAA basically gave them a Sweet 16 berth by default - they get to play in Milwaukee as a 3 seed (while Purdue doesn't get to go to Indy). In the 2nd round, the bracket gives them a layup, facing  the winner of a game between a broken, coach-less LSU team or an Iowa St team that lost its last 3 games before the NCAAs, one by 17 and another by 31, and went 7-11 in the Big XII --- and yet Wisky can't get it done. 

Wisky now gets to live with losing to a highly short-handed NU on senior day, with getting knocked out of the B1G tourney in the quarters, and with blowing a gift chance to move to the Sweet 16.  

It's amazing what happens to Davison and crew when they actually get officiated on a relatively even basis, versus what they get in B1G play.

I like it.

41 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

I'm really not looking forward to facing Davison next season...

(sarcasm. kind of.)

If the basketball gods truly have relegated Nebrasketball fans to hell, Davison and Bohanon will both receive another year of eligibility, plus Gibbs will find another year buried in his closet. Then Bohanon & GIbbs will transfer to Wisky next year ... and the B1G will decide to force NU to schedule the Badgers for all 31 games, all in Madison with Teddy Valentine and two of his clones reffing every game, in retaliation for daring to beat Wisconsin on senior day this year.

And they'll air all 31 games on FS1.

Edited by throwback

1 minute ago, 49r said:

What argument is that??

That the committee wasn't valuing the late season SEC wins. (And if I recall, the committee said they didn't put as much value in conference tournament performance). And now we see that the top 3 seeded SEC teams didn't make it past the first weekend.

Big 12 and ACC looking like the teams to beat this go-around.

That the committee wasn't valuing the late season SEC wins. (And if I recall, the committee said they didn't put as much value in conference tournament performance). And now we see that the top 3 seeded SEC teams didn't make it past the first weekend.

Big 12 and ACC looking like the teams to beat this go-around.

Got it. Yeah I think the SEC and the Big Ten suffer from similar problems. The conference season is brutal and teams are worn out come tournament time.

1 hour ago, roscoe said:

It clearly hurts teams that get benefit of the doubt during the season from Carstensen, McJunkins, Garrison, Boroski, Cirotto, Pfieffer, etc only to see them react negatively when they don't get calls in NCAA tourney. 

Back to my porch and telling kids to get off my lawn after a glass of warm milk.

I've thought about that today during the Iowa/CU woman's game as well. 8 FTs to 8 FTs when Iowa started to foul late, so not like it was a one-sided foul show. Iowa coach after the game says there wasn't enough fouls called, they didn't shoot enough FTs. Thought back at the game, seemed like they spent a lot of time pleading for calls, almost like they were more worried about trying to draw a foul, where CU was more focused on scoring. It does seem like the B1G darlings get babied for the entire regular season, then don't know what the hell to do when they aren't getting bailed out. 

Conference performance after the Second Round (Round of 32):

Rank Conference Teams Remaining Wins Losses Pct
1 MAAC 1 1 2 0 100%
2 ACC 5 3 8 2 80%
3 Pac-12 3 2 4 1 80%
4 American Athletic 2 1 3 1 75%
5 Big 12 6 3 9 3 75%
6 West Coast 3 1 3 2 60%
7 Big Ten 9 2 9 7 56%
8 Big East 6 2 5 4 56%
9 Horizon League 1 0 1 1 50%
10 Ohio Valley 1 0 1 1 50%
11 SWAC 1 0 1 1 50%
12 WAC 1 0 1 1 50%
13 SEC 6 1 4 5 44%
14 Atlantic 10 2 0 1 2 33%
15 America East 1 0 0 1 0%
16 ASUN 1 0 0 1 0%
17 Big Sky 1 0 0 1 0%
18 Big South 1 0 0 1 0%
19 Big West 1 0 0 1 0%
20 CAA 1 0 0 1 0%
21 Conference USA 1 0 0 1 0%
22 Ivy League 1 0 0 1 0%
23 MAC 1 0 0 1 0%
24 MEAC 1 0 0 1 0%
25 Missouri Valley 1 0 0 1 0%
26 Mountain West 4 0 0 4 0%
27 Northeast 1 0 0 1 0%
28 Patriot League 1 0 0 1 0%
29 Southern 1 0 0 1 0%
30 Southland 1 0 0 1 0%
31 Summit League 1 0 0 1 0%
32 Sun Belt 1 0 0 1 0%

9 hours ago, The Polish Rifle said:

I've thought about that today during the Iowa/CU woman's game as well. 8 FTs to 8 FTs when Iowa started to foul late, so not like it was a one-sided foul show. Iowa coach after the game says there wasn't enough fouls called, they didn't shoot enough FTs. Thought back at the game, seemed like they spent a lot of time pleading for calls, almost like they were more worried about trying to draw a foul, where CU was more focused on scoring. It does seem like the B1G darlings get babied for the entire regular season, then don't know what the hell to do when they aren't getting bailed out. 

^^^^ This. I watched part of that and all Iowa did was whine, whine, whine. Wasn't surprised at all to find out they lost.

btw, the noise at Carver was unbelievable, you could barely hear the announcers. 

7 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Ironic that the Big 10 team many thought shouldn’t be in… is one of just 2 left standing.

Many may not agree with this but the one school in this conference that is most like us is Michigan.

Fan bases are very similar. Whenever we have played them in Lincoln I've always enjoyed interacting with them.