Year 4

4 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

IDK, I'm not overly concerned yet. Fred, and frankly, Trev, feel like people that do things fairly close to the vest. A lot of these coaching conversations happen at the Final Four, which is still a week and a half from now. If we haven't heard anything in the next two weeks, I'll be more concerned. I do believe there's quite a bit happening right now, though, that we're just not hearing about. 

Yeah the Final 4 is the biggest college basketball networking event of the year. Usually where all the face to faces happen. 

On 3/11/2022 at 8:28 AM, hhcmatt said:

We've needed a stretch 4 since Wilhelm went down on Dec 7th.  Could have brought in Oleg if he was a viable stretch 4. 

Right now he looks like the 4th best center in a time where you only can play one center.

Put down Oleg as the 3rd best potential center for next season

8 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

I thought he could be the next Carl Hayse (or at least David Rivers) little did I know he’d make one more 3 pointer for the Huskers this year than I did…

Carl Hayes, really you thought that?! Wow, that is extremely high hopes, even for an optimistic one such as myself. 😉

26 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Carl Hayes, really you thought that?! Wow, that is extremely high hopes, even for an optimistic one such as myself. 😉

I have a buddy who’s a DePaul alum who raved about Keon, couldn’t believe we got this kid. 4 Star ⭐⭐⭐⭐️, and then? We’ll you know the rest…

On 3/21/2022 at 9:46 PM, thrasher31 said:

Not having a size deficiency essentially. Griesel can guard multiple positions on the court, and it wouldn't shock me if he's primarily on wings. Would allow Keisei to guard more PG's, which he's much more suited for. 

I don’t think we want him guarding more PGs.

46 minutes ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

Carl Hayes focused way too much on academics, never took basketball seriously enough.

Ha, I had Carl in a class once. He would bring 2 orange sodas, bag of chips, and the DN to class and sit in the last row. Told me he had a “tutor” writing his papers so he just had to show up.

One of my all time favorite players and a funny dude.

42 minutes ago, Art Vandalay said:

Ha, I had Carl in a class once. He would bring 2 orange sodas, bag of chips, and the DN to class and sit in the last row. Told me he had a “tutor” writing his papers so he just had to show up.

One of my all time favorite players and a funny dude.

I knew his "tutor", she was pretty nice.  I wonder if any of the professors wondered why Carl's writing read like it was written by a Hispanic girl from a small Nebraska town.

4 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

Yeah...he sort of looked that good in the initial scrimmage.   He sure fooled me as well.

Yes, he was extremely athletic in a pickup ballgame. I saw that, too; when the rubber met the road, he was 1 for 15 on threes. He had decent defensive prowess, but I never felt like Keon could be a B1G player like a "Carl Hayes" type. And I'm generally very favorable on athletic dudes who make their way to Lincoln... I guess his skills didn't translate very well--hope it works for K.E. elsewhere.

On 3/22/2022 at 4:17 PM, Cowboy Kermit said:

Anybody else find it odd that it seems there are no names or even rumored names out there to fill Abdelmassih’s spot on the staff? I haven’t heard or seen a damn thing. Kinda odd because I figured they’d move quick.

I'd be happy to start some rumors if you'd like.

In fact, I might have already done that.

As of now our roster for next year (officially, no rumors)

Wilcher

Trey

McPherson

Cronin *walk-on

Lat

Hoiberg *walk-on

Walker

McCraw* walk-on

Piatkowski *walk-on

Dawson

Tominaga

Bridenbach

Kojenets

Lloyd

Keita

Lawrence

Griesel

Leaving with elegibility remaining

Bryce

Edwards

Andre

Judging from these numbers, Walker and Trey do not count.  If we didn't add Griesel and still had the 3 that aren't leaving, we would be at 15 scholarships.  If we have 2 more spots, if we could get Baylor and Mohrs, we might have something.

Edited by brfrad

14 hours ago, brfrad said:

As of now our roster for next year (officially, no rumors)

Wilcher

Trey

McPherson

Cronin *walk-on

Lat

Hoiberg *walk-on

Walker

McCraw* walk-on

Piatkowski *walk-on

Dawson

Tominaga

Bridenbach

Kojenets

Lloyd

Keita

Lawrence

Griesel

Leaving with elegibility remaining

Bryce

Edwards

Andre

Judging from these numbers, Walker and Trey do not count.  If we didn't add Griesel and still had the 3 that aren't leaving, we would be at 15 scholarships.  If we have 2 more spots, if we could get Baylor and Mohrs, we might have something.

Walker and Trey count toward our scholarship numbers. We are currently at 13 scholarships. If we want to add any other players for next season, a current roster spot will need to open up.

5 minutes ago, dustystehl said:

Walker and Trey count toward our scholarship numbers. We are currently at 13 scholarships. If we want to add any other players for next season, a current roster spot will need to open up.

I was looking at it as if everyone stayed, we were at 15.  I don't know if the Big 10 allows oversigning now.  If not, I assumed Walker and Trey would not count, as they are using their Covid year.  I tried to do a very brief search, but didn't come up with anything.

3 minutes ago, brfrad said:

I was looking at it as if everyone stayed, we were at 15.  I don't know if the Big 10 allows oversigning now.  If not, I assumed Walker and Trey would not count, as they are using their Covid year.  I tried to do a very brief search, but didn't come up with anything.

We're currently at 13 if Walker and Trey come back.

https://huskerhoopscentral.com/scholarship-matrix/