Year 4

Of all the potential transfers the one I really want to stay is Tominaga. His energy is just good to have around. I think a lot of transfers struggle out of the gate. Around 80% of his shots where from 3 where he hit 33%. 

He could be an extremely effective bench player.

Some things he needs to improve on.

1. Defense was not his strong suite, to be fair most of our team struggled playing defense.

2. Needs to get that 3pt % up to around 40%. Watching him play you can tell he is very confident that he can hit almost

any 3 from anywhere on the court. That needs to be reigned in a bit. I think within a system that passes the ball and            hitting the spot up shooter,  he could be that guy. We need guys like this on this team. Him being a lefty is

any added bonus.

3. Needs playa bit more under control on both sides of the ball. Mostly he needs to play with in the system.

I was impressed with how capable he was at dribble drive. He has  pretty fast first step and explodes to the hoop.

Made some pretty acrobatic shots.

His role as the 2 guard could be that of the bench sniper. 

Him being here for a full year will definitely help.

If FH is going to be successful next season he needs to preserve this roster as much as possible.

I know Robin, at least I think it was Robin, had him tagged as one of the potential transfers, however outside of Bryce (has already declared for the draft) and possible Lat (I don't want him to leave either) and also Trey (my source continues to tell me he is 50/50 on leaving), is doing anything other guessing. 

I will continue to say this over and over...it is extremely important if we are going to be successful next season to hold onto Trey and Walker. We needs some stability.

The addition of SG should be very telling that FH wants to bring buy in guys. 

9 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

Of all the potential transfers the one I really want to stay is Tominaga. His energy is just good to have around. I think a lot of transfers struggle out of the gate. Around 80% of his shots where from 3 where he hit 33%. 

He could be an extremely effective bench player.

Some things he needs to improve on.

1. Defense was not his strong suite, to be fair most of our team struggled playing defense.

2. Needs to get that 3pt % up to around 40%. Watching him play you can tell he is very confident that he can hit almost

any 3 from anywhere on the court. That needs to be reigned in a bit. I think within a system that passes the ball and            hitting the spot up shooter,  he could be that guy. We need guys like this on this team. Him being a lefty is

any added bonus.

3. Needs playa bit more under control on both sides of the ball. Mostly he needs to play with in the system.

I was impressed with how capable he was at dribble drive. He has  pretty fast first step and explodes to the hoop.

Made some pretty acrobatic shots.

His role as the 2 guard could be that of the bench sniper. 

Him being here for a full year will definitely help.

If FH is going to be successful next season he needs to preserve this roster as much as possible.

I know Robin, at least I think it was Robin, had him tagged as one of the potential transfers, however outside of Bryce (has already declared for the draft) and possible Lat (I don't want him to leave either) and also Trey (my source continues to tell me he is 50/50 on leaving), is doing anything other guessing. 

I will continue to say this over and over...it is extremely important if we are going to be successful next season to hold onto Trey and Walker. We needs some stability.

The addition of SG should be very telling that FH wants to bring buy in guys. 

I'm starting to see why Robin gets dogged on here so much.  He's not in the know at all with certain things he speculates about, including another post he made today.  Seems likable, but he really needs to sharpen up his sources or tell the truth that he doesn't have any.  

I think I'm ready to type something outloud that I've been thinking about for a bit: I don't think I want Trey back next year...

Much like his brother, he seems like a great kid and has done everything right in his time here. His injury was a killer for this team and he's a very good defender, maybe better than that, so if he did come back, he'd of course be valuable. But time and time again, when the game is on the line, he seems to make the wrong decision more often than not. He rarely seemed to settle the situation down and often tried to take on too much on his own. Am I crazy to have that thought?

30 minutes ago, Fullbacksympathy said:

I'm starting to see why Robin gets dogged on here so much.  He's not in the know at all with certain things he speculates about, including another post he made today.  Seems likable, but he really needs to sharpen up his sources or tell the truth that he doesn't have any.  

He's very hooked in and something things change. 

15 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

I think I'm ready to type something outloud that I've been thinking about for a bit: I don't think I want Trey back next year...

Much like his brother, he seems like a great kid and has done everything right in his time here. His injury was a killer for this team and he's a very good defender, maybe better than that, so if he did come back, he'd of course be valuable. But time and time again, when the game is on the line, he seems to make the wrong decision more often than not. He rarely seemed to settle the situation down and often tried to take on too much on his own. Am I crazy to have that thought?

I go back and forth.   We need another ball handler.  He's tough, experienced and athletic.   Things we lack quite a bit of. 

He also has a unique ability to make a pretty dumb/cheap play or two each game.

Part of me wants to see McPherson in his role.   The other part of me, wants to have both for insurance.

54 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

*See* last shot vs Illinois from a year ago, final possession vs Northwestern in the B1G Tournament…STILL at this point we really need all hands on deck.

14 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

Not having a size deficiency essentially. Griesel can guard multiple positions on the court, and it wouldn't shock me if he's primarily on wings. Would allow Keisei to guard more PG's, which he's much more suited for. 

He's 6'2". I just picked Purdue and Iowa as random teams

Purdue runs with 3 starting guards in Hunter 6'4", Stefanovic 6'5", and Ivey 6'5". 

Iowa runs with 2 guards Toussaint 6'0", and Bohannon 6'1".

I think the size concern at SG is overplayed. 

9 minutes ago, Cowboy Kermit said:

Anybody else find it odd that it seems there are no names or even rumored names out there to fill Abdelmassih’s spot on the staff? I haven’t heard or seen a damn thing. Kinda odd because I figured they’d move quick.

There's still sixteen teams, and their staff, remaining in the tournament...

giphy.webp

(But, no, I don't know anything on this.)

IDK, I'm not overly concerned yet. Fred, and frankly, Trev, feel like people that do things fairly close to the vest. A lot of these coaching conversations happen at the Final Four, which is still a week and a half from now. If we haven't heard anything in the next two weeks, I'll be more concerned. I do believe there's quite a bit happening right now, though, that we're just not hearing about. 

IDK, I'm not overly concerned yet. Fred, and frankly, Trev, feel like people that do things fairly close to the vest. A lot of these coaching conversations happen at the Final Four, which is still a week and a half from now. If we haven't heard anything in the next two weeks, I'll be more concerned. I do believe there's quite a bit happening right now, though, that we're just not hearing about. 

I’d say with the way the portal is going to be moving and the importance that that will likely play in their roster for next year, I’d say they’ll need to have a full staff as quickly as they can. But then again, what do I know.

Just now, Cowboy Kermit said:

I’d say with the way the portal is going to be moving and the importance that that will likely play in their roster for next year, I’d say they’ll need to have a full staff as quickly as they can. But then again, what do I know.

I mean, I'm sure they feel that way, too, but conversely, you can't also rush the process. These things often take longer than tweeters and message board posters want it to. Getting it done right is better than getting it done fast.