uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 14; ed 32 - Big Ten Tournament, vs. Northwestern

uneblinstu

Just now, FredsSlacks said:

i said it in the game thread 5 min into the game that bryce looked checked out. i think his performance would suggest i was right. I have a hard time believing he goes in the lottery

Honestly really disappointed in his play tonight.  Thought he might REALLLLLY want to go out with a bang after the last week and a half.

We went out with a bang... and thud... alright.

Nebraska beat Nebraska tonight. 

I will be interested to see what changes get made in the offseason - but, I’m more than ready to move on from this group.

Always enjoy the perspectives on this board - wishing everyone a great, safe and healthy spring and summer!

Disappointing end to a disappointing season. The lack of offense from Wilcher and Bryce was a killer.

Can someone explain to me the difference between a block and a charge? 

Better yet can someone explain it to B1G officials because a compilation of every block/charge call in this game would be the Epitome of Inconsistency.

Despite how the season went last few weeks, it ended the way it's gone most of the year, with guards recklessly driving to the rim. 

-i PERSONALLY thought Bryce's wrist bothered him tonight. Didn't look at fluid with his dribbles and obviously it would effect your pull ups. 

-lack of shooting killed them. Controlled the paint, but getting zoned and then going 3-15 from 3 is an easy way to lose. Rebounds obviously played a factor in the second half also

-there were multiple possessions late where Verge drove to the paint and looked off an open player on the perimeter to shoot a wild shot

-reffing is what it is. Both teams have to deal with the bad refs. NW countered with some good shot making late. 

-nance picked us apart, and he was my main concern going into the game. 14-8-8. Killed them. 

All in all. Fun way to end the season with the last 3 games. Bittersweet here sure. But it doesn't in my opinion take away the 2 ranked road wins they pulled off. The formula is there to make this offense successful. Get the right ingredients now. Starting at the guard spots. Better decision makers need to be a massive priority. 

Edited by thrasher31

5 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Sadist note: Ed scored an accidental bucket for NW off a missed FT.

Otherwise the guys devolving into one on one ball at the end doesn't have me too bent out of shape about the refs. We let NW get back into it and it cost us the win.

Actually hilarious when u combine that with the minute where we had a double dribble, palming, and 3 second call.  A second grade team couldn’t accomplish that .  

6 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Not completely basketball related, but with the double mens losses of baseball and basketball today... our combined major mens sports record sits at

17 - 39

Football 3-9

Basketball 10-22

Baseball 4-8 (so far)

Hoiberg 24 wins in 3 years, Amy Williams 24 wins this year.

Second half we got out hustled big time which could have been addressed during a much needed ass chewing timeout and we got out coached big time. 

The 3-2 zone hurt us and Fred refused to call a timeout to show our guys how to attack it. Fred never calls timeouts when an obvious run has started against us. 

This game was so winnable if FH coached a littke.