new assistant discussion...

whoopdeedoo

wonder if one of the assistants that are on the staff would get promoted? speaking of Mays or Goehle (sp?). we know coach williams can be very loyal. pretty obvious during the Big Ten tourney that Goehle is kinda the calming voice for coach. when coach was getting all wound up on the bench a few times you could see Goehle with a bit of a smile on his face saying "it's ok, it's ok" to williams. 

gonna be kinda interesting to see where this all goes. i know in another post someone mentioned Shimmy Gray-Miller, but, i seriously doubt she would come back to nebraska. even if she had a feeling Whalen would get canned.

It's a big opportunity for Amy to add someone that can help get to the next level.  By now she pretty well knows what the Big Ten is all about especially in recruiting and skill development.  I see her adding some one who is proven but on the way up and spending some time here before moving on to a head coaching job.  

The good news is, with the success of the WBB team on the floor and in the media, along with obvious recruiting successes, I believe that Coach Amy Williams could choose pretty much any assistant she might want, were she seeking to add to her coaching staff.

5 hours ago, Red Don said:

The good news is, with the success of the WBB team on the floor and in the media, along with obvious recruiting successes, I believe that Coach Amy Williams could choose pretty much any assistant she might want, were she seeking to add to her coaching staff.

It should be a pretty attractive job from any angle. Pay, team youth and chemistry, facilities etc.

AD Alberts is probably right in the middle of a search. He probably wants to shoot high...get a real teacher/recruiter.

Shimmy is a recruiter...not so much a position coach. But someone with those recruiting skills are invaluable. 

Yep, we have a school / facilities package that will work. In a lot of ways the teams accomplishments this year shown potential coaching candidates good things are already happening in the program.

Anxious to see what happens...may not be until after the NCAA's are over.

Edited by redsteve

20 hours ago, Red Don said:

i hope you are right and she gets a "good one"....and, yes, don't expect anything to happen for probably a couple months.

Edited by whoopdeedoo