2022 Big Ten Tournament

2 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

Where’s all the 0-20 Boo-Birds who thought we had last place locked up a month ago, Hell a WEEK ago? What’s the old saying, it’s always darkest before the dawn. Anything that happens from here on out is nothing but gravy…

This last week and a half has been awesome.... but I struggle celebrating beating out Minnesota for 13th place.  I would love to make a run in Indy.  Heck, I'm a Nebrasketball fan.  But these last 3 games and whatever happens moving forward is only going to make what happened in December and January more frustrating.  

I do not mind this draw.  We owe NW and I would rather play Iowa in round 2 with fresher legs.  That game will likely be a track meet and we will need as fresh of legs as possible in trying to run around and guard their shooters.  Get past Iowa and we will be playing on Saturday.  Yes, I am assuming we win against NW!

Given that we are only at 10 wins now, it is entirely irrelevant how well we do in the Big Ten tournament unless we win the whole damn thing. Having said that, I kinda like the way things set up for us.

I would hate having to face Penn State again right off the bat. Instead, we face Northwestern with a little bit of revenge on our minds. After that, we get another shot at Iowa followed by Rutgers?

You just about couldn’t dial in a better opportunity for us to make the semifinals than that particular road. And after that, it’s anybody’s ball game. Go big red!

4 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

If it was football-- he'd miss the first half since he was ejected in the 2nd half.

But I don't think... unless the Big 10 takes action... he'd have to miss any time.

I agree with this. I don’t believe there is any automatic suspension. That being said Greg Gard said he was going to write a letter to the big ten or some shit like that, and the big ten hates us, so who knows.

Also in football I don’t believe any ejection in the second half will get you suspended for the first half of the next game, just targeting. (Granted that is the majority of ejections nowadays)

14 minutes ago, nuhusker7 said:

I agree with this. I don’t believe there is any automatic suspension. That being said Greg Gard said he was going to write a letter to the big ten or some shit like that, and the big ten hates us, so who knows.

Also in football I don’t believe any ejection in the second half will get you suspended for the first half of the next game, just targeting. (Granted that is the majority of ejections nowadays)

True-- I thought it was just targeting... but I just figured that ejection and targeting go hand-in-hand

15 hours ago, jason2486 said:

Maybe it's the red Kool-aid talking, but the fact that our Wed/Thur/Fri opponents would all be teams we've lost to twice gives me some hope. It's typically hard to beat a team 3 times! 

Your not wrong as we absolutely got the best draw and path to the championship game we could get.

On 3/6/2022 at 9:23 PM, hskr4life said:

This last week and a half has been awesome.... but I struggle celebrating beating out Minnesota for 13th place.  I would love to make a run in Indy.  Heck, I'm a Nebrasketball fan.  But these last 3 games and whatever happens moving forward is only going to make what happened in December and January more frustrating.  

That’s true Husker 4, but we didn’t just finish in 13th above anyone, it was ahead of Goldy the Gopher! Which means I can give all my Minnesota cronies a Mountain of s**t (especially since we beat them too)

On 3/6/2022 at 9:09 PM, HuskerFever said:

Just a place to talk Big Ten hoops in March:

I feel like it's not implausible that we could reach the semis. We don't have bad match-up problems with any of those teams and we don't pose a revenge-game scenario for them. In fact, quite the opposite. We owe Northwestern a good drubbing. And I've grown to despise Jordan Bohannon almost as much as Brad Davison. And our guys would have to REALLY want another shot at Rutgers given how things went down losing that one at home.

The question is would we have any gas left in the tank, if we got that far, to even make a game against Illinois? And we just have terrible match-up issues with both Illinois and Purdue. So, we'd need a lot of luck and a lot of balls to bounce our way.

The first three, I think we have a shot. A legit shot. But after that, it's like Miracle Max time: "Good luck stormin' the castle!"

10 minutes ago, Chuck Taylor said:

Current odds to win it all:

Minnesota Golden Gophers

+25000
Nebraska Cornhuskers +25000
Penn State Nittany Lions +25000

I'm not a gambler, so someone please explain this to me. If I put down 10 bucks on the Huskers and they win the Big Ten tourney, that pays 25,000 x 10? Do I read that right?

If so, I got a Benjamin in my pocket burning a hole.

5 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I'm not a gambler, so someone please explain this to me. If I put down 10 bucks on the Huskers and they win the Big Ten tourney, that pays 25,000 x 10? Do I read that right?

If so, I got a Benjamin in my pocket burning a hole.

I don’t t know a ton either, but I believe the +XXXX lines work off of a $100 bet.  So $100 would win you $25,000 + your $100 back.

36 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

I don’t t know a ton either, but I believe the +XXXX lines work off of a $100 bet.  So $100 would win you $25,000 + your $100 back.

Right, 250-1. I don't know why they got away from that system, much easier to understand. (Maybe that's why they got away from it?)

2 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

I feel like it's not implausible that we could reach the semis. We don't have bad match-up problems with any of those teams and we don't pose a revenge-game scenario for them. In fact, quite the opposite. We owe Northwestern a good drubbing. And I've grown to despise Jordan Bohannon almost as much as Brad Davison. And our guys would have to REALLY want another shot at Rutgers given how things went down losing that one at home.

The question is would we have any gas left in the tank, if we got that far, to even make a game against Illinois? And we just have terrible match-up issues with both Illinois and Purdue. So, we'd need a lot of luck and a lot of balls to bounce our way.

The first three, I think we have a shot. A legit shot. But after that, it's like Miracle Max time: "Good luck stormin' the castle!"

I’m hoping Indiana beats Michigan and then Illinois to solidify their place in the tourney. Then we can take down the Hoosiers! And yes, Bohannon is just a notch below Davison. It would make beating the Hawks even more fun! 

12 hours ago, hskr4life said:

that is correct.  Take off 2 zero's if you want the odds.  250-1.  Also it is a terrible bet.  You are way better off almost always just betting them on the money line and continuing to roll it over game after game.  Payout almost always better in the end doing it like that.  Easier to hedge as you get deeper in the bet as well.  

On 3/6/2022 at 9:17 PM, Handy Johnson said:

Where’s all the 0-20 Boo-Birds who thought we had last place locked up a month ago, Hell a WEEK ago? What’s the old saying, it’s always darkest before the dawn. Anything that happens from here on out is nothing but gravy…

I was thinking "icing on a cake" but gravy can be rather tasty as well. 😉