2022 Big Ten Tournament

Call me crazy, but I'd rather play the team (Penn State) that we just throttled than a team that dismantled us twice.  There is a reason they dismantled us twice.  We have a tough time with them.  I can't dismiss the 2 games against them this year as "well, we're playing better now".  That's true, but they had their ways with the Huskers - twice.  And Iowa?  Good Lord, we can't match up with their athleticism.  They have too many scorers.  You take 2 away, there are 3 more ready to score.   And if you get by Iowa, you have Rutgers.  They can't score, but they'll just beat you up for 40 minutes.  Win that and then you have to try to get through Illinois and Purdue, who are HORRIBLE matchups?  On weary legs?

The last 3 games have been great, but not enough to erase the 1st 17 games of the conference season.  

With all that being said, I'll still root like a mad man tonight that they can somehow beat the Purple Kitties.....

7 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Man, I totally lost interest after yesterday. . .

This season stunk, and I hate that about it as I used to love tourney time; why can't Nebrasketball fans have nice things?!

I started watching the Big 12 tournament instead after the loss. The reffing is atrocious so it’s almost like watching the Big 10. 

2 hours ago, Cornyfan1 said:

I started watching the Big 12 tournament instead after the loss. The reffing is atrocious so it’s almost like watching the Big 10. 

Oklahoma will be a fun story to follow on Sunday if they can win today and would lose tomorrow.  A true bubbly team that’ll be sweating it out.

Edited by hskr4life

Just now, hskr4life said:

Oklahoma will be a fun story to follow on Sunday if they can win today and would lose tomorrow.  A true bubbly team that’ll be sweating it out.

I’ve been silently rooting for OU all season. The Groves brothers transferred from Eastern Washington and are both getting solid playing time for Porter Moser. I hope they can win at least one more and sneak in to the big dance.