uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 14; ed 31 - at #10 Wisconsin

13 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

We were down 9 on the road with 5+ to go.

Verge fouls out giving Chucky 3 FTs and he missed two and we're up 1.

Wiicher missed the front end of a 1-1 to give Wisky the ball back and Chucky misses a wide open 3.

9ta6hh0nkna21.jpg

If you are looking at it that way. It was just as lucky for them that CJ missed a free throw or we missed so many wide open 3s in the first half. Lucky for them we played short handed, luck goes both ways.

Either way my point was we won because we played hard/good the whole game and not because we got lucky. I did not see a big talent difference at all. Giving our guys the respect they earned.

Jimmy's trivia overshare of the day: I haven't stayed in Tucumcari since my first trip driving from Kansas to my first job in El Paso in 1968. Don't remember anything about the town except it was on famous Route 66 which later was the name of a tv show starring Marty Milner. Paul Brinegar who played "Wishbone" the cook in the tv show "Rawhide" starring Clint Eastwood was born there. And we once met Clint and took a super eight movie of him when we lived in San Antonio a few years later. I then bought a poncho like Clint wore in spaghetti westerns and wore it until my wife threw it away. I think my brain is now empty to begin the day. 

Edited by jimmykc

6 hours ago, jimmykc said:

Jimmy's trivia overshare of the day: I haven't stayed in Tucumcari since my first trip driving from Kansas to my first job in El Paso in 1968. Don't remember anything about the town except it was on famous Route 66 which later was the name of a tv show starring Marty Milner. Paul Brinegar who played "Wishbone" the cook in the tv show "Rawhide" starring Clint Eastwood was born there. And we once met Clint and took a super eight movie of him when we lived in San Antonio a few years later. I then bought a poncho like Clint wore in spaghetti westerns and wore it until my wife threw it away. I think my brain is now empty to begin the day. 

Back in the day, There was a liquor store in G.I. that sold Clint Eastwood cigars.

9 hours ago, jimmykc said:

I'm only 37, but the "Dollars Trilogy" are some of my all-time favorites!