uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 14; ed 31 - at #10 Wisconsin

20 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

To be fair, Hoiberg hasn't proven it yet. He has shown, and reinvigorated, that it CAN be done.

I'm just glad we're riding this high at the very end of a tragic season. Because Hoiberg was and is still my coach going into next season (as Trev has made that clear), and I was dreading sitting through another season of people finding every reason for us to lose rather than a reason to believe. There's still a lot more work to do, and I'm excited to see how this (and the next) team responds.

Go back to the post game Penn St comments. I said we would win at least ONE more either in Madison or the B1G Tournament. That’s what I was specifically referring too…

47 minutes ago, throwback said:

I have to say something about the play where Trey was ejected. I know some won't agree with me, but that's OK. It's unfortunate Davis suffered an injury on the play, but Trey is not to blame.

First, Davis & Trey's feet tangled up at mid-court. The official does not blow the whistle until Davis is beyond the free throw line. He took 4 steps before the whistle sounds. 

If the official wanted to call that foul, he should've called it much quicker. It would've eliminated the play at the rim.

Now, that was a foul. I guarantee Trey's intent was not to tangle feet with Davis, but we don't officiate on intent. 

As Davis continues the play and stumbles to the hoop, Trey goes up to try to block the shot. Both players are still going in large part because of the incredibly late whistle.

Davis doesn't go up as strongly as you would anticipate, which is understandable, because he's stumbling and may have an injured knee. Trey gets way up in the air, realizes Davis is stumbling/falling rather than jumping strongly, and Trey knows he's in no-man's land.

I have never been in that position because of a less-than-stellar vertical jump, but I know the look on the face. I believe he is looking toward Davis' head because he is concerned about where he's going to land. I don't think he is intending to elbow Davis in the head.

You look at the video from the side and can come to one conclusion. You look at the end zone video and can come to another conclusion. 

Trey made contact with the head and deserves a flagrant 1, although I'm sure that wasn't his intent. But to eject him on that because one video angle caught him looking toward Davis' head was just an extension of the poor officiating with the late whistle that led to the problem to start with.

Then again, this crew apparently believes it can read minds, so I could be way off base here.

/rant

My thought the whole time was

1) I've never ran that fast in my life

2) I've never jumped that high in my life

3) I'm likely to spill a beer if you make me walk 50 feet

Seeing trey trying to pick him up after the blow made it clear to me it wasn't malicious.  

9 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Now that I am older and have time and some money I would like to go to some away games in this league.  But the more I hear about how visiting teams and fans are sometimes treated I’ll watch from home.

That f nebraska chant was undeniable and should be motivation for years.  Go badger yourselves you fried cheese filled losers.

Just now, a0t0w0 said:

That f nebraska chant was undeniable and should be motivation for years.  Go badger yourselves you fried cheese filled losers.

Nothing has changed. Even when we played them in the Big Ten Championship game in football, they had about 80% participation in an "Eat %, % you" chant at Nebraska fans multiple times throughout the game.