IOWA GAME DAY THREAD - PART 3

12dozen

It's their second game and our third game.  All of our starting guards played 32+ and Michigan was allowed to play very physical D in a very tight game.  We cannot afford to get behind by more than a couple possessions.  I doubt we'll have legs enough to chop a lot of wood and close it out.  Preferably we will get off to a good start like we did in both the Illinois and Michigan games.  If we start like we did the last 2 games, I like our chances.  If not, I don't really like our chances.

37 minutes ago, caveman said:

It's their second game and our third game.  All of our starting guards played 32+ and Michigan was allowed to play very physical D in a very tight game.  We cannot afford to get behind by more than a couple possessions.  I doubt we'll have legs enough to chop a lot of wood and close it out.  Preferably we will get off to a good start like we did in both the Illinois and Michigan games.  If we start like we did the last 2 games, I like our chances.  If not, I don't really like our chances.

agree............that third game is a pretty big disadvantage. however, who knows. i am sure the huskers will give it their all! GBR!

no doubt, it sure helps to have the depth!

Edited by whoopdeedoo

Pregame:

I see us in a different place than when we played them earlier. We're definably in a better game flow now.

Would hate to see foul shooting be the difference for Iowa. Don't give up 15-20 fouls, and 25+ points at  the line.

Not sure weariness will be a factor. But a third hard game in three days... is tough.  Especially high energy games,

Edited by redsteve

If not for Sam mostly no offense for us.  We do indeed need to start shooting better to have a chance.  Also wonder though Clark is quick if legs starting to get tired is the reason she keeps getting around her defender now and getting and-1 opps.