Dylan Talley

BLB115

5 hours ago, jimmykc said:

I was at that game and had totally forgotten the details. I do remember attending a pregame HHC gathering at Barry's which had been organized by Cip, however. Don't want to derail this thread, though. RIP, Dylan, and condolences to his family.

That was the game, jimmy.  I had forgotten that.  It makes me both sad and happy.  Happy Seth and I were there for the game and sad for his family for their loss.

• 3 months later...

Here's an article I saw elsewhere on Tori Tyson & Skyler Talley's visit to Lincoln.

https://huskerextra.com/news/basketball/mens-basketball/dylan-talleys-daughter-rediscovers-her-love-for-basketball-after-tour-with-fred-hoiberg/article_54f5fa45-4809-5386-b1f6-39801b7f97e2.html?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_Husker_Extra

Nine-year-old Skylar Talley beamed at the camera inside the Devaney Center.

She wore her new “Nebraska basketball” hat, hand-delivered by coach Fred Hoiberg. She brought her Husker hoops jersey from home, No. 24. Former Husker coach Doc Sadler had it made special for her.

Most importantly, she wore that smile. Skylar’s mom, Tori Tyson, hasn’t seen it much since the funeral.

Skylar’s dad, former Nebraska guard Dylan Talley, died of complications from surgery in March, shortly after Skylar started playing basketball. She said she wanted to stop, but mom knew she didn’t mean it. Skylar just needed something to reignite her passion.