MICHIGAN GAME DAY THREAD

12dozen

i am dumbfounded about the review of what started as AM having taken a charge ... and then morphed into her being "charged" with a block.  I didn't know that that judgment call was subject to review ... perhaps it was a question of whether she was inside or outside the arc.  Other than that I am just mystified.  I have seen many many calls that could have gone either way and coaches reacting to them - but have never seen one reviewed and reversed

20 minutes ago, Tom Jones said:

i am dumbfounded about the review of what started as AM having taken a charge ... and then morphed into her being "charged" with a block.  I didn't know that that judgment call was subject to review ... perhaps it was a question of whether she was inside or outside the arc.  Other than that I am just mystified.  I have seen many many calls that could have gone either way and coaches reacting to them - but have never seen one reviewed and reversed

Even if they changed the call because they deemed Alexis inside the circle, as Jeff Griesh noted they should have looked at Hillmon throwing an elbow to her as she attacked the basket.   But as noted before, Naz is pretty much treated differently because of her star status.

Edited by mwm89

Here is a link to the WBB Official Twitter feed where they have a lot of video game clips and other stuff you might like to see!

(However, It is perishable content; being a twitter feed it constantly adds tweets with say video clips supplanted with new posts)

https://twitter.com/huskerswbb

Edited by Red Don

Rewatched the ending. Did anyone else catch Leigha Brown's outstretched arms pleading that she was fouled following her face-plant on the floor after the muffed inbound play caught by Markowski??? What a cry-baby!

(I think it must be a 'default' reaction to every missed play - didn't make it, obviously must have been fouled.)

Edited by Red Don

1 minute ago, Red Don said:
Rewatched the ending. Did anyone else catch Leigha Brown's outstretched arms pleading that she was fouled following her face-plant on the floor after the muffed inbound play caught by Markowski??? What a cry-baby!

The floppin' Wolverines. What a sore loser she became, sheesh!

16 minutes ago, KarlHessEatMy.... said:

Is there a way to re listen to Matt and Jeff?  Would love to listen to them on the last 3 minutes of play lol.  I can already imagine what was happening on the radio..

You should be able to browse right to it from Huskers.com under Multimedia/Audio Archives. 

Edit shout out to Husker fans in Indy! Not only does the crowd make it sound like a home game on the radio (as Matt/Jeff pointed out), same on the BTN replays.

Edited by hoop_head

8 hours ago, Red Don said:

Noticed that, and chuckled.

Watched the reply....last 5 min on so on BTN+.....a couple of times.  

There are very key moments then...where several players did their thing to take home the win. No panic just crucial execution. 

Watch Markowski get fouled on her shot, by Hillion (sp), but no call.    Super quick to grab the inbound pass from LB...saves the game at that point.

Sam being Sam. ("Miss clutch" if there ever was one) She was perfect in the 4th qtr.

Small town Nebraska girl, Weidner gets her name in NU history as a true freshman...sinking both the winning free throws with seconds left. (those 2 free throws gave Mich no choice but to have to shoot a three.)

Could go on about all the players.... but watch it if you can.  These girls have such faith and trust in each other.......perfect chemistry. The chemistry coaches dream of......players too : )

Remember this game guys. It doesn't get much better.

Edited by redsteve