ILLINOIS GAME DAY THREAD

12dozen

No. 6 Nebraska Cornhuskers (22-7, 11-7 Big Ten)
vs. No. 14 Illinois Fighting Illini (7-19, 1-13 Big Ten)
Thursday, March 3, 2022 (approx. 7:30 p.m.)
Big Ten Women's Basketball Tournament
Gainbridge Fieldhouse - Indianapolis, Ind.
Live Television:
 BTN
Live Radio: Huskers Radio Network (7 p.m.)
Matt Coatney (PBP), Jeff Griesch (Analyst)
Lincoln (107.3 FM & 1400 AM), Omaha (ESPN 590 AM), Huskers.com, Huskers App

Huskers Face Fighting Illini Thursday at Big Ten Tournament 
The No. 6 seed Nebraska women's basketball team will tip-off postseason tournament play by taking on No. 14 Illinois in the second round of the Big Ten Women's Basketball Tournament at Gainbridge Fieldhouse in Indianapolis on Thursday.

The Huskers (22-7, 11-7 Big Ten) will face the Fighting Illini (7-19, 1-13) following a 75-66 win by Illinois over No. 11 seed Wisconsin in Wednesday's first round. Tip time for Nebraska's game Thursday will be approximately 7:30 p.m., or 25 minutes after the completion of the first game of Session 3 between No. 7 Northwestern and No. 10 Minnesota, which begins at 5:30 p.m. (CT).

All games from the first round through the semifinals will be televised live by the Big Ten Network, with Sloane Martin and Christy Winters Scott on the call in the evening session games. Meghan McKeown will provide sideline coverage for the first 12 games of the tournament, before coverage switches to ESPN2 for the Big Ten Championship Game on Sunday at 4 p.m.

Matt Coatney and Jeff Griesch will call the action on the Huskers Radio Network (B107.3 FM/1400 AM in Lincoln, along with 590 AM in Omaha), the Huskers App and Huskers.com.

3 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

I am out of state and trying to follow the progress.  Nice lead but is anyone concerned that the bench has provided no scoring?

Bench has only tried one shot.  Pace has been slow.  Not sure there has been any need to sub much.  I noticed Stewart is dressed. We should have a well 

rested bench if needed.

At the half:

Beautiful 1st qtr. all around. We were ready to play from the get go. 

I'll is trying to penetrate the lane. That may be their emphasis in the 2nd half.  We've kept them well defended on the perimeter so they had to.

They'll come out hard in the  3rd.       But we'll have to play all 4 qtrs.....no doubt.     Defense and offense with intensity.  It ain't over. It ain't over.

1 hour ago, whoopdeedoo said:

and there it is:

Illinois has released a statement announcing Nancy Fahey's retirement.

I didnt realize she had that good of a record. I guess I have never paid attention to Illinois ever being great at basketball but I would consider a 71% win ration pretty dang good. Or now that I am typing this maybe she had all her wins else where??