2022 Big Ten Tournament

HuskerFever

9 minutes ago, 12dozen said:

I wonder how effective the Clark 'chicken wing' or flop will be at the next level.  I hope she finds out, sooner than later.  

Hasn't she already said that she is coming back next season?  I am guessing her NIL paycheck makes it a bit more of a stress free decision. 

20 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Hasn't she already said that she is coming back next season?  I am guessing her NIL paycheck makes it a bit more of a stress free decision. 

Not sure.  Don't follow them, other than when they play our Huskers.  I agree with your NIL assessment.  She probably makes as much (or more) than many of their MBB players.  Still, hope she moves on, sooner than later. 

1 hour ago, Huskerpapa said:

Czinano stated she was coming back. i think you have to turn 22 during the draft to be eligible? unless i am missing something, Clark won't be eligible next season.

37 minutes ago, whoopdeedoo said:

Czinano stated she was coming back. i think you have to turn 22 during the draft to be eligible? unless i am missing something, Clark won't be eligible next season.

Wasn't aware of the age requirement.  Since Clark is only 20, looks like we'll be facing her a couple more years.

12 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

I don't know; but I like our chances.

I agree.  The bracket sets up very well for Nebraska on paper and the win over NW for the 6-seed was huge.  Out of the teams playing day one, Wisconsin or Illinois would be my top 2 choices to face (Illinois preferred, of course 🙂).  PSU obviously just beat NU and playing in a typical Rutgers scrum is not good for anyone involved.

If they win the first game, Michigan is probably the best match-up in the semis.  If Brown is hurt that certainly helps, but I don't think there's much chance that Michigan plays as poorly as they did in the first match-up.  Not saying Nebraska didn't play well, but Michigan really stunk up the joint in that game.

If they somehow got to face Iowegia again, it'd be really interesting to see how the game would play out if they didn't shoot 62% OR get a 4 to 1 discrepancy in fouls.  Clark would get her points - Nebraska simply has no answer for her and her chicken-wings (most teams don't), and you know the Three Stooges won't call anything on her.  Would need to find a way to neutralize the other players (Czinano with 30+ in 2nd game and the other girl who made 7 of 9 3's in the first game).

The "natural" fan assessment in this bracket that concerns me would be that UM has the "revenge factor" if we win and match up with them again.  Also, they would want to redeem themselves from that blowout loss to Iowa in the reg season finale.  Still, of the top 4 teams I think they are the best draw for us to play and try to advance to the semis.  Exciting time of the year!  GBR!! 🏀

Edited by mwm89

i have to admit........even though wisconsin lost their best player, i think Moseley has done a pretty impressive job. yes, they struggled against the top 5-6 teams in the Big Ten---most have. wisconsin played very well against the huskers in wiscy. they won a number of games mid-to-late season that i didn't expect.

just don't want the huskers to overlook them. one game at a time.

5 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

i have to admit........even though wisconsin lost their best player, i think Moseley has done a pretty impressive job. yes, they struggled against the top 5-6 teams in the Big Ten---most have. wisconsin played very well against the huskers in wiscy. they won a number of games mid-to-late season that i didn't expect.

just don't want the huskers to overlook them. one game at a time.

Or Wisco to overlook Illinois...... 👀

Watched most of the Wisky- Ill game today. Illinois was ahead of Wisky most of the game...Wisky closed late but couldn't finish the deal'

Ill looked better than I remember from when we played them. They're pretty quick and athletic. No strong big at least in that game.  They looked a lot like Northwestern. actually.    Nye is their best player/scorer.

As usual....we must be focused and pumped up.   

Here we come Big Ten !   Go Huskers !!! 

Edited by redsteve