uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 14; ed 29 - at Penn State

uneblinstu

5 hours ago, Nighthawk said:

Seems like an understandable reaction from being one of the only two teams in the conference to Lose to Nebraska.  🥴  (so far.)

2 hours ago, thrasher31 said:

Despite last night's fun festivities, I'm still ready for the season to be over. Been one of the longest seasons I've watched since moving back to Lincoln. Ready to turn the page

That may be somewhat true, but at least we could watch in-person in 2021-22. That was a big boost for me personally. I couldn't get enough; I went to UNO games, Nebraska men & women, my own family's... that's the 3 most important in the state of Nebraska... I can't even think of anyone else locally I'd want to watch.

14 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Let's face it: If that team had given that kind of effort, and committed itself to that kind of ball movement all season long, they'd be playing in the post-season somewhere.

On the one hand, it's great to see, but on the other hand, it's a big source of aggravation that it took them nearly all season to finally pull their heads out of their butts and play like a team.

Better late than never. Will be interesting to see if they can do it again.

The good news is, if they get sent to Dayton for a play in game, they can still finish over .500...

22 hours ago, 49r said:

Did not watch.  Did not even see the score until I came in to work this morning.  Maybe I'll try to catch the replay if it's slow at work today, but maybe not.

Okay so I caught the replay on the FoxNow app (best part was they took all the commercials out so watching the whole game took less than an hour after I skipped the halftime show).  Still was difficult to watch, having to listen to the 3 students in the student section right behind the announcers going OOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo for the whole game.  It's like, dude...your team is down 30.  Give yourself a break.

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

1. Your working theory is that a bunch of guys that aren't going to be back next year are playing for their jobs. 

2. We don't win any of these games and we would still be trying to get Derrick Walker back.

I counted 13 guys eligible to come back next year. 12 if you exclude Bryce. So it's just a coincidence it's announced Fred would be back and the team strings together 3 good games for the first time he's been here?

10 hours ago, huskerbill85 said:

I counted 13 guys eligible to come back next year. 12 if you exclude Bryce. So it's just a coincidence it's announced Fred would be back and the team strings together 3 good games for the first time he's been here?

No. I think you're absolutely right about the announcement.  I think you're absolutely wrong about the assumption that a bunch of guys who aren't coming back to the point where we're 3 scholarships over the limit are playing better because they get to come back.  They came out flat in game 1. The sun isn't revolving around the earth here.

56 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

No. I think you're absolutely right about the announcement.  I think you're absolutely wrong about the assumption that a bunch of guys who aren't coming back to the point where we're 3 scholarships over the limit are playing better because they get to come back.  The sun isn't revolving around the earth here.

Do Covid seniors count toward the scholarship count.  For example,  would Derrick, Trey, etc count, since they are using their Covid year?