NORTHWESTERN GAME DAY THREAD

12dozen

Great win..it puts us in a great spot in the B1G bracket. 6 seed.... will play winner of Illinois vs Wisky.  Could face Mich if we win.

We won the inside game with our big's, almost tripled NW in the paint scoring. Beat them rebounding. After blocking several of their drives , they backed off the drives a bit.

And obviously blew them out of the water with bombs from the three.

Jazz and Issie were tremendous.   Everyone was focused, and ready. Just a real nice job.  

From the way Bella was crying when she came off the floor at the end ...for Senior day.....kind of looked like this was her last home game.

Would love to have  her back of course....thoroughly enjoyed her play and what she has done for this team......did very very well for herself.

1 minute ago, redsteve said:

Great win..it puts us in a great spot in the B1G bracket. 6 seed.... will play winner of Illinois vs Wisky.  Could face Mich if we win.

We won the inside game with our big's, almost tripled NW in the paint scoring. Beat them rebounding. After blocking several of their drives , they backed off the drives a bit.

And obviously blew them out of the water with bombs from the three.

Jazz and Issie were tremendous.   Everyone was focused, and ready. Just a real nice job.  

From the way Bella was crying when she came off the floor at the end ...for Senior day.....kind of looked like this was her last home game.

Would love to have  her back of course....thoroughly enjoyed her play and what she has done for this team......did very very well for herself.

yeah, it's hard to say. really, really hope she comes back, but, she may decide to move on with her life. 

expected a nail biting finish, but, huskers sure came out ready for that 3rd quarter!!!

1 hour ago, redsteve said:

I thought the same.  On the flip side, Sam wasn't crying.   One more year?

1 hour ago, hoop_head said:

Never thought I'd see MiCole Cayton playing for the Huskers and here she is on senior day. Rooted for Cal because of her and now this is great to see. Way to go coach for bringing her back!

Listened to a radio interview with MiCole recently. She is very articulate and engaging. Impressive young lady.  Really has her head on straight. 

13 hours ago, 12dozen said:

I thought the same.  On the flip side, Sam wasn't crying.   One more year?

well.................it IS senior day. gonna be emotional for them. they (haiby and bella) are not thinking about next season right now. Sunday was their day of celebration.

i still say odds are pretty good bella and sam return....but, might throw out there a little better for sam then bella. i could see bella may want to return home.  just a gut feeling.