NORTHWESTERN GAME DAY THREAD

12dozen

Nebraska Cornhuskers (21-7, 10-7 Big Ten)
vs. Northwestern Wildcats (16-10, 8-7 Big Ten)
Sunday, Feb. 27, 2022, 3:30 p.m. (CT)
Pinnacle Bank Arena - Lincoln, Nebraska
Tickets: 
Huskers.com / 1-800-8-BIG-RED
Special Event: Senior Day (Postgame)
Special Giveaway: "You Betcha" Gourmet Grilling Spatula (300)
Live Television: BTN
Live Radio: Huskers Radio Network (3:15 p.m.)
Matt Coatney (PBP), Jeff Griesch (Analyst)
Lincoln (107.3 FM), Omaha (CD 105.9 FM), Huskers.com, Huskers App

Huskers Close Big Ten Regular Season with Cats
The Nebraska women's basketball team takes aim at its 11th Big Ten Conference regular-season win while trying to tie a school record for home victories when the Huskers host Northwestern Sunday. Tip-off between the Big Red (21-7, 10-7 Big Ten) and the Wildcats (16-10, 8-7 Big Ten) is set for 3:30 p.m. (CT) p.m. at Pinnacle Bank Arena with tickets on sale now at Huskers.com. 

The Big Ten Network will televise the game, while Matt Coatney and Jeff Griesch describe the action on the Huskers Radio Network (B107.3 FM CD 105.9 FM in Omaha), the Huskers App and Huskers.com. In a special promotional giveaway, 300 lucky fans could go home with "You Betcha" gourmet grilling spatulas. "You Betcha" is the signature three-point call of Matt Coatney.

The Huskers will celebrate Senior Day for MiCole Cayton, Bella Cravens and Sam Haiby in a post-game ceremony. Manager Gage Pohlmeier and nutrition student intern Allison Aden also will be recognized.

25 minutes ago, Husker22 said:

Since they are honoring Cravens and Haiby, is this a sign that those 2 wont use their covid year?

Not sure if that has been decided yet.   I did see this mention; 

• Haiby will join graduate students MiCole Cayton and Bella Cravens in participating in Senior Day ceremonies following Nebraska's game with Northwestern. Cayton plans to complete her collegiate eligibility this season, while Cravens and Haiby have one year remaining.

This game is going to be a tough one. Northwestern is playing pretty well now. 

Their starters play the most  of the minutes.  And they're pretty good players. Not sure how deep they are, so we may have an advantage there.

Just come out focused and prepared. Play hard defense, and REBOUND. Protect the ball (they try to steal a lot)

Home game...we like it a lot. Use it to our advantage.

image.png

And Let's hope there is a Record Crowd @ PBA to boost the team, for the final game of the season.  We Know how much of a Difference it makes to the team from the comments by Bella Cravens and Jaz Shelley!!!!

LET'S BEAT the 6,566 CROWD for the MINNESOTA Game!!! :Cheer2::Cheer2::Cheer2:

Edited by Red Don

Just now, 12dozen said:

Markowski got out of the half with just the one foul.  When she picked up the early one, I was a bit concerned.  Any chance, she, Izzie, and Bella, along with our rebounding guards, come out this half and take over?

i expect a game that goes down to the wire........as long as huskers keep the to count down.

2 minutes ago, 12dozen said:

Markowski got out of the half with just the one foul.  When she picked up the early one, I was a bit concerned.  Any chance, she, Izzie, and Bella, along with our rebounding guards, come out this half and take over?

That's what I see too, as may be the difference.  If we can defend the three and their driving to the bucket....we should be OK....but a lot of if's there.

If I were a coach that's what I would focus on....get them to foul out...they do foul a lot.

Edited by redsteve