The Decision Has Been Made

Norm Peterson

I'm going to turn off my brain and ignore the past (and present) and hope that Coach Hoiberg has been the unluckiest coach in America and that he can find a way to justify this completely unearned 4th chance to restore us to NIT contention.

I love this effin program, why can't it love me back at least once since the 90s?

Remember how we used to laugh and laugh at Iowa when they extended (undeservedly, we all thought at the time) Kirk Ferentz' and Fran McCaffery's contracts?  And now we are all jealous of them and their program's stability and relative success (especially in relation to ours)?

Maybe this is the move we don't want to make but maybe it's the move we need to make.  IDK.

2 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Let me get something else off my chest.

I'm going into next season behind this team and behind this coach. I will bring the best I have as a fan to the arena every game and cheer for them as hard as I can, which is what I've always done. I've upheld my end of the bargain.

But to people like Robin Washut and Chris Basnett and the people who write for local sports media and talk on local sports radio, do me a favor, please.

When we're heading into next season, I don't want to hear any interviews with any players talking about how the level of buy-in is so much better than it was a year ago. How the guys get along better than last year. How you can just see that the level of talent has improved.

That talk is so cheap.

I don't want to hear it. I don't want to hear any of it.

Prove it on the floor when the games count.

Until then, spare me the noise.

This has been my mantra @Norm Peterson for at least 5 years now.

Just now, HB said:

Great news?   You gotta be kidding me.   I got no problem with the sentiment of still supporting the team, but to call this good news is ludicrous.  2-30.  6-49.  Last place every year.  Man, do our fans have low standards.  

Oh, now I seen Norm’s post and I may be gullible.  Not gullible enough to think this will work, but to not detect sarcasm.  

10 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I'm going into next season behind this team and behind this coach. I will bring the best I have as a fan to the arena every game and cheer for them as hard as I can, which is what I've always done. I've upheld my end of the bargain.

But to people like Robin Washut and Chris Basnett and the people who write for local sports media and talk on local sports radio, do me a favor, please.

When we're heading into next season, I don't want to hear any interviews with any players talking about how the level of buy-in is so much better than it was a year ago. How the guys get along better than last year. How you can just see that the level of talent has improved.

That talk is so cheap.

So much this!

I don't want to hear about chemistry...show me. I think both dailies need to have  total embargo on sports opinion pieces. Facts only, who is going, who is staying,  height weight, that's it. 

37 minutes ago, unl said:

Only one direction we can go right?

Statistically speaking... we did win 7 games so far this year... and 1 game in the Big 10... so we theoretically could go down further.  

Definitely don't think we'll have a 0 win Big 10 team next year or a 6 win or less team.  However, a 9-12 win team is certainly possible again.

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

That talk is so cheap.

Spot on.  I also don't want to see anyone post on this board how amazing a player we have recruited is and how much they will help the team.  Talk is cheap.  The players need to prove to me they are worth getting excited for.  I don't give a carp what they did prior to setting foot on the court in a Husker uniform.  If the players prove themselves, thats fantastic...but we see how amazing(ly bad) these guys turned out to be with all the hype the press...and people here put on the players.  

I am a frustrated Nebraska BB fan.  Time is running out for me to live to see one, just one, NCAA Tournament victory.  I will support Fred and the program. I want to see hustle and a give a damn attitude as much as anything. Like other posters, I want to be shown an improved product on the floor. 

11 hours ago, Cazzie22 said:

I am a frustrated Nebraska BB fan.  Time is running out for me to live to see one, just one, NCAA Tournament victory.  I will support Fred and the program. I want to see hustle and a give a damn attitude as much as anything. Like other posters, I want to be shown an improved product on the floor. 

My 80 year old dad has said pretty much the same thing.  He's running out of time to see Nebraska beat Creighton...he's running out of time to see Nebraska make it to the dance again. He's running out of time to see Nebraska actually win a fricken (lol he never swears) NCAA game and make it to the second round! He's upheld his end of the deal by going to games continuously since the 70's. Nebraska has very seldom upheld their end of the deal.  Nee for a few years and Miles came close his first year. Outside of that it's been Barry ball or worse. 

Edited by Nighthawk
add a b

7 hours ago, Nighthawk said:

Spot on.  I also don't want to see anyone post on this board how amazing a player we have recruited is and how much they will help the team.  Talk is cheap.  The players need to prove to me they are worth getting excited for.  I don't give a carp what they did prior to setting foot on the court in a Husker uniform.  If the players prove themselves, thats fantastic...but we see how amazing(ly bad) these guys turned out to be with all the hype the press...and people here put on the players.  

I give you permission to give a carp, as they are not in short supply. 😬

But seriously, where the hype train needs to stop first is from Fred and Matt (if he's retained). If fans want to get excited, so be it.

24 minutes ago, hugh42 said:

But seriously, where the hype train needs to stop first is from Fred and Matt (if he's retained). If fans want to get excited, so be it.

Agree...but it just needs to stop.  Everyone needs to stop hyping these guys until they prove themselves.  We have one player currently playing that actually deserves the hype.  The rest don't deserve anything more than a diploma for their time at the U. At least they succeeded there. 

57 minutes ago, hugh42 said:

The school is nothing but a hype train with all the money spent of promotion. And you're right about Fred and Matt, they're the ones spoon feeding carp to the "press." I put quotes around it because there's no journalism involved, just PR.

But good luck getting it to stop. Frost's record is abysmal but we're already hearing about how all their new assistant coaches are Vince Lombardi, Bear Bryant and Pop Warner. For god's sake, quit saying it, prove it.

broken-rose-glasses-white-background-760