Fred's Signature Win

Norm Peterson

Fred's Signature Win at Nebraska  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What has been Fred's Signature Win since he's been the head coach at DONU?

• 14-point crushing of Kennesaw St 88-74 on 12/22/21 (which happens to be the same date forwards AND backwards, so it has THAT going for it)
    • 13-point drubbing of South Dakota 83-70 on 11/27/21
    • Getting over the century mark against McNeese on 11/25/20, winning 102-55
    • 72-51 win over Rutgers on 3/1/21, far and away the most lopsided victory over a conference foe for a Hoiberg-coached team
    • 93-86 over Southern in OT on 11/22/20 for our ONLY overtime win of the Hoiberg era (so far)
    • 70-56 against Purdue on 12/15/20 for the first ever conference win of the Hoiberg era
    • Fill in the blank with one of the other 15 options

1 minute ago, RedEyedFanatic said:

I mean, if I limit myself to a game actually mentioned in the list, it's Purdue in year 1 when we still thought we had something here.  But honestly, it's the contract extension and the buyout.  It's literally the only reason he hasn't been fired already.

Oh, yeah. Hadn't thought of that. That probably is the signature win. But is that a win for Fred or does that count as a win for his agent?

1 minute ago, Norm Peterson said:

Oh, yeah. Hadn't thought of that. That probably is the signature win. But is that a win for Fred or does that count as a win for his agent?

Well, it is Fred's signature on the contract right?  So that counts as a (jesus I can't believe I'm going for this pun) ... signature win right?

Edited by RedEyedFanatic

2 hours ago, cipsucks said:

Norm, this is an impossible question to answer.  The Beatles released 21 albums between the UK and USA.  I can't pick a favorite.  They're like my children.  Love them all the same.  Same way with Fred's 21 victories with the Huskers.  How can you love one more than the other?

Did I ever tell you the story of Hoiberg McCave who had 21 victories and named them all Dave?