Fred's Signature Win

Norm Peterson

Fred's Signature Win at Nebraska  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What has been Fred's Signature Win since he's been the head coach at DONU?

• 14-point crushing of Kennesaw St 88-74 on 12/22/21 (which happens to be the same date forwards AND backwards, so it has THAT going for it)
    • 13-point drubbing of South Dakota 83-70 on 11/27/21
    • Getting over the century mark against McNeese on 11/25/20, winning 102-55
    • 72-51 win over Rutgers on 3/1/21, far and away the most lopsided victory over a conference foe for a Hoiberg-coached team
    • 93-86 over Southern in OT on 11/22/20 for our ONLY overtime win of the Hoiberg era (so far)
    • 70-56 against Purdue on 12/15/20 for the first ever conference win of the Hoiberg era
    • Fill in the blank with one of the other 15 options

3 hours ago, cornfed24-7 said:

Don't worry I was right there with you on that hill. 

A road win against a ranked team is definitely Hoibergs signature win.

I am stoked for the fortunes these past few games for the players and Hoiberg.

I haven't posted much lately because I don't want to be "that guy". 

But I have huge concerns Hoiberg can get his team playing like this in time for it to matter.

He kinda did this last year too.

Hell, maybe his plan all along was to run the table in the tournament 

That would REALLY shut me up 😅

JMO, but I wouldn't use last year as a baseline. Walker was out for an extended time to start the season then Covid hit and the team is shut down for 3 weeks. Last year was unlike any season we have ever seen and probably won't see anything like it again. Heading into this season we looked to have key pieces returning then Banton goes pro. We scramble and manage to land Verge who isn't a true point guard, but very talented with the ball in his hands. Season starts and Trey goes down for an extended period of time, then Breidenbach is lost for the season...

I certainly don't like the record at this point under Fred and the product we have seen for most of this season has not been good, but we have seen the last few games how Fred wants his teams to play. It's damn fun to watch and I want to see more.

30 minutes ago, hugh42 said:

JMO, but I wouldn't use last year as a baseline. Walker was out for an extended time to start the season then Covid hit and the team is shut down for 3 weeks. Last year was unlike any season we have ever seen and probably won't see anything like it again. Heading into this season we looked to have key pieces returning then Banton goes pro. We scramble and manage to land Verge who isn't a true point guard, but very talented with the ball in his hands. Season starts and Trey goes down for an extended period of time, then Breidenbach is lost for the season...

I certainly don't like the record at this point under Fred and the product we have seen for most of this season has not been good, but we have seen the last few games how Fred wants his teams to play. It's damn fun to watch and I want to see more.

I agree to a point. My baseline is a cumulative viewing of 3 seasons. I hope he succeeds and has them ready to play at the begining of the season instead of the end. Unless of course he runs the table then you do you Hoiberg.

On 3/2/2022 at 1:36 PM, HB said:

Pile on boys, I can handle it.  And I can own it.  Now, we could go back to all the preseason and early season posts from the last couple of seasons and the ridiculous predictions therein.  Or we could just be selective Dicks.  

Nah, your skepticism was MORE than warranted...