Fred's Signature Win

Norm Peterson

Fred's Signature Win at Nebraska  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What has been Fred's Signature Win since he's been the head coach at DONU?

• 14-point crushing of Kennesaw St 88-74 on 12/22/21 (which happens to be the same date forwards AND backwards, so it has THAT going for it)
    • 13-point drubbing of South Dakota 83-70 on 11/27/21
    • Getting over the century mark against McNeese on 11/25/20, winning 102-55
    • 72-51 win over Rutgers on 3/1/21, far and away the most lopsided victory over a conference foe for a Hoiberg-coached team
    • 93-86 over Southern in OT on 11/22/20 for our ONLY overtime win of the Hoiberg era (so far)
    • 70-56 against Purdue on 12/15/20 for the first ever conference win of the Hoiberg era
    • Fill in the blank with one of the other 15 options

18 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

This...... upcoming game. Man, I wish that were going to be case. Sheesh Louise. The epitome of brutality, isn't that what Jon Rothstein said. He was in Lincoln, ironically, at Opening Night. That feels like a million years ago, when hope reigned supreme with the "most talent ever" or whatever they said. lol

Opening night.  Ugh.  The hype was off the charts.  I bought in BIG TIME.  Fred told us this would be a fun team to watch and would give maximum effort EVERY night.  I can tell you I'm not having any fun watching this team.  I feel duped.

Just now, Klas3131 said:

Opening night.  Ugh.  The hype was off the charts.  I bought in BIG TIME.  Fred told us this would be a fun team to watch and would give maximum effort EVERY night.  I can tell you I'm not having any fun watching this team.  I feel duped.

Oh yeah, "duped" is definitely how we all feel...

1 hour ago, Klas3131 said:

And Frost told us the entire conference was going to have to adjust to them.  I've stopped drinking the Kool-aid for anything with men's athletics at Nebraska until they prove it on the field.

1 hour ago, jayschool said:

The last full game I watched — the Colorado exhibition this year.  Second, Peru State.

Wow. The last DVR recording I've saved was from Minny, the sole B1G win. I also kept Kennesaw St. which is the prior victory. Only two Big Red wins since the beginning of December, back when NU blew it at N.C. St. Sheesh.

24 minutes ago, HB said:

Pile on boys, I can handle it.  And I can own it.  Now, we could go back to all the preseason and early season lists from the last couple of seasons and the ridiculous predictions therein.  Or we could just be selective Dick’s.  

Don't worry I was right there with you on that hill. 

A road win against a ranked team is definitely Hoibergs signature win.

I am stoked for the fortunes these past few games for the players and Hoiberg.

I haven't posted much lately because I don't want to be "that guy". 

But I have huge concerns Hoiberg can get his team playing like this in time for it to matter.

He kinda did this last year too.

Hell, maybe his plan all along was to run the table in the tournament 

That would REALLY shut me up 😅

1 hour ago, HB said:

Pile on boys, I can handle it.  And I can own it.  Now, we could go back to all the preseason and early season lists from the last couple of seasons and the ridiculous predictions therein.  Or we could just be selective Dick’s.  

How about that time I suggested we pass on Terran Petteway?