WISCONSIN GAME DAY THREAD

12dozen

Nebraska Cornhuskers (20-7, 9-7 Big Ten)
vs. Wisconsin Badgers (7-19, 4-12 Big Ten)
Wednesday, Feb. 23, 2022, 6:30 p.m. (CT)
Kohl Center - Madison, Wisconsin
Live Video: 
B1G+
Live Radio: Huskers Radio Network (6 p.m.)
Matt Coatney (PBP), Jeff Griesch (Analyst)
Lincoln (107.3 FM & 1400 AM KLIN), Omaha (ESPN 590 AM), Huskers.com, Huskers App

Huskers Close Big Ten Road Action at Wisconsin
The Nebraska women's basketball team will shoot for a series sweep of Wisconsin while closing Big Ten regular-season road action in Madison on Wednesday night.

Tip-off between the Huskers (20-7, 9-7 Big Ten) and the Badgers (7-19, 4-12 Big Ten) is set for 6:30 p.m. (CT) p.m. at the Kohl Center. Live video will be provided to subscribers of B1G+, while Matt Coatney and Jeff Griesch describe the action on the Huskers Radio Network (B107.3 FM & 1400 AM KLIN Lincoln; ESPN 590 AM, Omaha), the Huskers App and Huskers.com.

Could be a closer game than some think.  Since Sydney Hilliard quit the team after we thrashed them in Jan. they have been playing better on the road and at home.  Beat Iillinois and Purdue at home.  This is an opportunity to show that we can be a better road team than we have shown so far in conference.

1 hour ago, HUD said:

Could be a closer game than some think.  Since Sydney Hilliard quit the team after we thrashed them in Jan. they have been playing better on the road and at home.  Beat Iillinois and Purdue at home.  This is an opportunity to show that we can be a better road team than we have shown so far in conference.

Agree, definitely need to be tougher at the road games. 

Wisky's not real strong offensively. ...or defensively. But we're playing on their court. That makes a lot of difference for everyone in the league.

Play like we did the last game, and we can take care of business.  May have been our best shooting game of the year.

Win this game (and Northwestern too) and it may put us in a decent place in B1G tourney bracket. As well as the NCAA's bracket.

Like someone else said.....hope Mich beats Iowa tomorrow (I think it is)   Might be which team does the best flops.  :)

Looked the last game stat for Iowa and they shot about 95% on free throws, on roughly 20 shots....They win games that way. 

1 hour ago, redsteve said:

Like someone else said.....hope Mich beats Iowa tomorrow (I think it is)   Might be which team does the best flops.  :)

Looked the last game stat for Iowa and they shot about 95% on free throws, on roughly 20 shots....They win games that way. 

Mich. plays at home tomorrow night against Mich St. on BTN.  They play at Iowa next Sunday on ESPN 2 about the same time we play Northwestern.  I wonder when Leigha Brown will be back.  They said this past weekend she had been practicing some.

6 hours ago, redsteve said:

Agree, definitely need to be tougher at the road games. 

Wisky's not real strong offensively. ...or defensively. But we're playing on their court. That makes a lot of difference for everyone in the league.

Play like we did the last game, and we can take care of business.  May have been our best shooting game of the year.

Win this game (and Northwestern too) and it may put us in a decent place in B1G tourney bracket. As well as the NCAA's bracket.

I think we are locked into 6 th place if we keep winning. 

11 hours ago, Red Don said:

We seem to miss a lot of lay-ups and close in shots in traffic.  😬

Most of it is we're getting double teamed and pounded down low in the key, and the refs aren't calling the fouls...so Wisky just keeps on doing it.  

Am I imagining it or did we seem a step slow at times tonight ?   

The zone defense against us again.....and again. Give Wisy credit...they had a good game plan against us.

Otherwise, another win that  places us in a more certain B1G bracket position.

Next game with Northwestern will probably be a much more competitive game...but we're at home thank goodness.

Edited by redsteve

Road win 101

A. Win battle of the boards. Check

B. Hold team 10pts. below season average.  56ppg. Well maybe not

C. Win the game at the foul line.  Aka attack the paint.  Perhaps not.

I have no idea why we refuse to defend on the road, or why we think we can just spot up and shoot.

I guess a win is a win no matter how terrible we manage the fundementals.