Huskers (7-20) vs Hawkeyes (19-8) game thread

cipsucks

Just now, Shawn Eichorst's Toupee said:

Slow and painful march to an inevitable firing at the end of the season? Final home game of the season against Iowa? A lack of recruiting success and a coach with some questionable coaching philosophies? 

I've seen how this one ends before 

This would be such a Nebraska basketball finish to the season. I expect a blowout though

5 hours ago, Shawn Eichorst's Toupee said:

Slow and painful march to an inevitable firing at the end of the season? Final home game of the season against Iowa? A lack of recruiting success and a coach with some questionable coaching philosophies? 

I've seen how this one ends before 

Um.

I don't find the two situations remotely comparable, actually.

I never saw the kind of dogshit effort out of a Miles team that we seem to see consistently from Hoiberg's teams. Miles proved he could win some games with inferior talent. He had guys hurt, took the end of the bench, and made a frickin' run with them. It was a thing of beauty. They had heart. They gave effort. They had grit. All the kinds of virtues that the Hoi boys consistently lack.

What you've just said is asinine. Not even remotely the same thing. How could you even come up with that?

8 hours ago, HB said:

Upvotes for anything Seger.    Been to 2 Seger concerts, 35 years apart.   Great stuff.   Iowa game?   Not so much.  Gonna be ugly. 

I've also been to two Seger concerts, but closer to 35 months apart.  Mrs. cip and I saw him at the Quest Center and then at PBA.  Great both times but PBA was probably better. We had better seats.  😀 

This song is appropriate for all the buyouts the University has made in the last two decades.  It's an amateur video but not badly done.  It'll give you a taste of a Bob Seger concert.

Edited by cipsucks

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

Um.

I don't find the two situations remotely comparable, actually.

I never saw the kind of dogshit effort out of a Miles team that we seem to see consistently from Hoiberg's teams. Miles proved he could win some games with inferior talent. He had guys hurt, took the end of the bench, and made a frickin' run with them. It was a thing of beauty. They had heart. They gave effort. They had grit. All the kinds of virtues that the Hoi boys consistently lack.

What you've just said is asinine. Not even remotely the same thing. How could you even come up with that?

Because I was trying to find literally any reason that I might watch the game on Friday with hope in my heart. But instead I'm just the biggest dummy this board has ever seen :(

3 hours ago, Shawn Eichorst's Toupee said:

Because I was trying to find literally any reason that I might watch the game on Friday with hope in my heart. But instead I'm just the biggest dummy this board has ever seen :(

I'm sorry for jumping your stuff, but what you wrote seemed like a putdown of Miles and his crew of overachievers going on a run at the end of that season, which had to be some of the most fun Husker basketball of all time.

Outside of a final home game against Iowa, I'm not sure there's much to compare. Miles getting fired did not seem, at the time, like a foregone conclusion. Sure, there was a lot of speculation that we might have a coaching change, but it didn't have the same sense of inevitability that this season has. The reasons we struggled were different. The degree of struggling was vastly different. And the character of the squad was so incredibly different.

If Hoiberg manages to get this group to go on a Big Ten tourney run like Miles' last season, I'll be beyond astonished.