Could Sam Griesel have played on a decent team in the Big Ten?

Norm Peterson

49 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

Both players would be perfectly cromulent additions to next year's roster and contribute much like Drake Beranek did in 2011. We would still need a true point guard and a power forward unless Walker decides to play another year here.

Feels like Griesel would embiggen our chances of becoming a decent team in the Big Ten

“I want to win. I want to change the narrative around Nebraska basketball. Obviously, it hasn’t been the most successful as far as wins and losses the past few years, and I want to help bring more wins to this university and to this team, and I’m willing to do anything and everything I can for those results.”

This seems like a component that has been lacking for us in the Hoiberg era.

55 minutes ago, 49r said:

“I want to win. I want to change the narrative around Nebraska basketball. Obviously, it hasn’t been the most successful as far as wins and losses the past few years, and I want to help bring more wins to this university and to this team, and I’m willing to do anything and everything I can for those results.”

This seems like a component that has been lacking for us in the Hoiberg era.

This

For too long, we've been taking players who probably didn't know Nebraska had a basketball program or own a Husker shirt. We need to be sprinkling in players who have cared about this program PRIOR to being recruited!

5 minutes ago, jason2486 said:

This

For too long, we've been taking players who probably didn't know Nebraska had a basketball program or own a Husker shirt. We need to be sprinkling in players who have cared about this program PRIOR to being recruited!

Give credit where credit is due from an in-state rivalry perspective, but what drives me crazy for most seasons is how some team up north is able to have their players understand the magnitude of an in-state rivalry, yet ours just shows up to play like it's a small holiday tournament. Understand the history and play for what that represents to the people who support the name on the front of your jersey.

1 hour ago, jason2486 said:

This

I'd take Griesel, Cale Jacobsen, and...yes, even a Donovan Williams transfer.  I know the recruitment with Donovan went pretty sour on both ends, but a chance for Greisel and Williams to come home plus develop Jacobsen seems like a reasonable change of pace from how we've been recruiting.  Still go get some of the best nationwide talent you can, but mix that in with guys who grew up wearing Husker gear and have equity in the program prior to arrival.