Brouhaha

jimmykc

4 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Am I the only one who thinks the Gard “touch” wasn’t a big deal?  Howard is walking through the handshake line like a baby, says something, and it appears Gard is like woahh, what’s up?  It wasn’t even a forceful “touch”.  More like a “woahhh slow down and let’s talk this out like grown men” touch.  I mean this is two grown men.

Not the time to confrontational, if there is an issue it can be discussed later.  Emotions are high at that moment.  Trying to discuss something in the handshake line is...well...stupid.

7 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Not the time to confrontational, if there is an issue it can be discussed later.  Emotions are high at that moment.  Trying to discuss something in the handshake line is...well...stupid.

Ehh maybeeee… but conversations happen all of the time in handshake lines.  Even “cold” conversations between two coaches that don’t care for each other.  At the end of the day, be a grown man and a leader and talk it out like a grown man and a leader.  Did a conversation “need” to happen… no of course not, but I also feel that’s taking the Dickie V approach of saying “get rid of the handshake lines.”

3 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

Being familiar with Clay Travis, if the Coach in question were White he’d be praising him for “standing up” for his players…

Ah yes, the old "imply someone is racist because you disagree with him" tactic.  I expected better from you, Handy.

33 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

Ah yes, the old "imply someone is racist because you disagree with him" tactic.  I expected better from you, Handy.

Have you listened to him before? There was a reason his show was on at 5:00 AM on the Ticket. Yes Norm what Juwan did was BAD, but I’ll stand by what I said 100% all day, everyday…

8 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

Have you listened to him before? There was a reason his show was on at 5:00 AM on the Ticket. Yes Norm what Juwan did was BAD, but I’ll stand by what I said 100% all day, everyday…

No need to make this thread about Clay Travis. I'm not interested in listening to him. I have no intentions of seeking him out.

I am, however, concerned about the integrity of the game and I see a bunch of people defending Juwan Howard on social media as though slapping an opposing assistant coach is NBD. Seems like a big deal to me.

Forget Clay Travis. Let me ask the question. Has anyone seen a head coach do anything worse on the court in the last 10 years? If so, who and when?

I think it's inexcusable. It seems to be a pattern with Mr. Howard. And I think he should be suspended, along with several of he players from both sides. Anyone who threw a punch should miss a couple of games. But the head coach who threw the first punch should be held to a higher standard and, thus, his consequences should be more severe.

If you think differently, explain why. Quit trying to excuse Juwan Howard's behavior by trying to make this about Clay Travis, whoever he is.

13 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

Being familiar with Clay Travis, if the Coach in question were White he’d be praising him for “standing up” for his players…

This is ridiculous and I am familiar with Clay Travis.  He stirs the pot for sure.  BUT...this isn't a race issue, it's about human decency and appropriate human interactions for ADULTS who should no better.

47 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

No need to make this thread about Clay Travis. I'm not interested in listening to him. I have no intentions of seeking him out.

I am, however, concerned about the integrity of the game and I see a bunch of people defending Juwan Howard on social media as though slapping an opposing assistant coach is NBD. Seems like a big deal to me.

Forget Clay Travis. Let me ask the question. Has anyone seen a head coach do anything worse on the court in the last 10 years? If so, who and when?

I think it's inexcusable. It seems to be a pattern with Mr. Howard. And I think he should be suspended, along with several of he players from both sides. Anyone who threw a punch should miss a couple of games. But the head coach who threw the first punch should be held to a higher standard and, thus, his consequences should be more severe.

If you think differently, explain why. Quit trying to excuse Juwan Howard's behavior by trying to make this about Clay Travis, whoever he is.

I’m in NO way excusing Howard’s behavior Norm, he should be punished & punished severely.

10 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem