MINNESOTA GAME DAY THREAD

12dozen

1 minute ago, whoopdeedoo said:

kinda had an eye on Annika a couple times. her movement around the bench didn't look all that great. makes me wonder if we see her at all the rest of the season. not much left, you know. may be reading into nothing..........just sayin'

When they came out for the 2nd half, she ran side line to side line a couple times.  Seemed like she was checking to see if she could go or not.  Like you, haven't read about any physical issues.  But, it appeared something was off.

4 minutes ago, 12dozen said:

When they came out for the 2nd half, she ran side line to side line a couple times.  Seemed like she was checking to see if she could go or not.  Like you, haven't read about any physical issues.  But, it appeared something was off.

i think it was mentioned she was having lower back issues.....or maybe matt used a different term a couple games ago? i did notice her running back and forth also just before start of second half. if it is back issues, hoping it's something like back spasms. i had them in high school and missed a couple of games.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

i say this not just because of what has transpired the past few days, but, throughout these post game pressers. i wish the department would do something so anyone listening could hear the questions from the media better! unless it is an issue with my laptop!😉

was chatting with my cuz from minny. he heard Winters and Hubbard missed the bus......ummm, how does that happen (allegedly, of course)?!? 

Edited by whoopdeedoo

Very, very well done gals under the circumstances!  All in all, after witnessing in person, I thought they played well.  A lot of key contributors of course.  Jaz' 12 assists at the point along with her points were big.  Weidner stepped up big time.  Only saw highlights of her in HS so didn't realize she could be this good already. Haiby continued to attack the basket well.  Next two are big obviously because one is at home at the end of the reg. season going into the B1G tourney, and the other is Wisc., a team near the bottom.  Hang in there ladies and try to stay focused and committed to playing at your highest level.  🌽 🏀

The Press Conference is in with the Game Clips, but probably deserves its own Post!

Sam Haiby, Coach Amy Williams & Issie Bourne (9:37)

Talked about the game - complimentary on the good team effort, played all 40 minutes.  There were several questions about Ashley Scoggin (hard to hear some of the media questions so not sure exactly what was asked).  Coach was unable to comment further on the situation at this time (except to say Ashley Scoggin was still being supported by the Athletic Department when directly asked) commenting that the focus is to concentrate on the current team, going forward and continuing to focus on achieving team goals.

Edited by Red Don

10 hours ago, HUD said:

Opportunities today.  Who will step up at guard?  Porter, Cayton,  Moriarty or Brown.  Not how many minutes you get but how you use them.

Cayton and Moriarty certainly did today.  Good for their confidence.  Maybe it will be Ruby next time.

Edited by HUD
sp