Coach Love

Merlin

5 hours ago, BirdsOnTheBat said:

A video WAS taken by those who "caught" her in his bed.

More speculation.....

Maybe this wasn't the first time this stuff happened, and people knew it, and finally someone took exception to a coach and player doing stuff. 

Like has been said, it's out of this forums hands, and all others too. It's up to the school (coach, AD, etc to resolve the issue. 

We can theorize all we want, but it will be resolved by others being paid to deal with school issues.

i felt/feel horrible for coach williams. before the penn st game, in the pre-game interview with matt, you could hear it in her voice at times. i can only imagine the pain she was feeling during that flight home---AND i wouldn't doubt she didn't get much sleep at all when she arrived home. if the (worse) speculation turns out to be true, what a gut punch for her. though, i am sure she is doing fine now.

i hope they get a good defensive minded asst and top notch recruiter.

On 2/25/2022 at 6:05 PM, redsteve said:

More speculation.....

Maybe this wasn't the first time this stuff happened, and people knew it, and finally someone took exception to a coach and player doing stuff. 

Like has been said, it's out of this forums hands, and all others too. It's up to the school (coach, AD, etc to resolve the issue. 

We can theorize all we want, but it will be resolved by others being paid to deal with school issues.

Again, NOT SPECULATION, fact.  Believe it or not.  Your choice to do whichever,

i am only reading tea leaves - I have no source of "inside" info.  But I would be surprised in the extreme to learn that there were previous such incidents between player and coach.  For that to be true, one of two co-existing facts would be required. Either such previous instances only came to be known AFTER the PSU game OR the head coach had to have a) known about it and failed to dismiss CL at that time; b) then failed to implement safeguards to keep it from happening again; and c) failed to inform one or both ADs who would also have failed to prevent it.  Really hard to believe. 

And I do think that any revelations made here should consist of more than naked assertions.  Something more than "I am not speculating".  For my part, I will await the emergence of facts from sources whose qualifications are known. 

On 2/26/2022 at 8:09 PM, BirdsOnTheBat said:

you are correct.  he was sent a text to pull him from the room.  Scrog was NOT his first during his time here.

And how would you know this? Are you suggesting that this is actual knowledge to some, and nothing was previously done about it?? I find that very hard to believe. 

On 2/25/2022 at 7:23 AM, BirdsOnTheBat said:

What is there to say. He was having an ongoing affair with the Scrog.  Both are gone.  Nothing more to say except who will the new asst. coach be.

I wonder if Shimmy Gray-Miller would be considered?   She's currently on the Gopher staff.  If I remember right, she was a good recruiter, and has experience working with the bigs(?).  

10 hours ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

And how would you know this? Are you suggesting that this is actual knowledge to some, and nothing was previously done about it?? I find that very hard to believe. 

absolutely no way coach williams would have "looked the other way" if she had such knowledge!!!😠

• 2 weeks later...

from SM (OWH)...

Answering a key staff question: Nebraska has to complete its investigation into suspended assistant coach Chuck Love and arrive at either a settlement or a firing for cause, since it’s unlikely Love ever ends up on an NU sideline again. His suspension is tied to the removal of Ashley Scoggin from the Husker team, sources can confirm, and his status should have resolution soon. Scoggin has not thus far responded to reporter requests for comment, but she — or a representative of hers — could still talk on her radio show, which has been on hiatus since her removal.

It is obviously time to move on. Need to clear it up so the women's basketball air is clean and fresh.

A bit surprised it's taken this long. But behind the scenes.....what's going on...who knows. Maybe wanted the season ended so other players and staff might be part of the ":investigation" ?

And...when the NCAA's are over, other new potential coaches could become available.

"it’s unlikely Love ever ends up on an NU sideline again."  Maybe I'm naïve, but there's pretty much no way he see's the UNL floor again. 

If the accusation's are like they appear to be, doubt the fans, parent's......whomever..... would want any part of him here.

Let's move on please.

4 hours ago, redsteve said:

It is obviously time to move on. Need to clear it up so the women's basketball air is clean and fresh.

A bit surprised it's taken this long. But behind the scenes.....what's going on...who knows. Maybe wanted the season ended so other players and staff might be part of the ":investigation" ?

And...when the NCAA's are over, other new potential coaches could become available.

"it’s unlikely Love ever ends up on an NU sideline again."  Maybe I'm naïve, but there's pretty much no way he see's the UNL floor again. 

If the accusation's are like they appear to be, doubt the fans, parent's......whomever..... would want any part of him here.

Let's move on please.

Well it is pertinent to the WBB so it won't go away until it gets resovled.