Coach Love

Merlin

please.........let this be over very, very soon.😔

geez..........went over to the vb board to read some positive stuff. shouldn't be surprised, i guess. the situation is getting some discussion over there, also. especially how this will affect the recruitment of MM. 

please..........let this be over very, very soon.😔

Edited by whoopdeedoo

32 minutes ago, whoopdeedoo said:

please.........let this be over very, very soon.😔

geez..........went over to the vb board to read some positive stuff. shouldn't be surprised, i guess. the situation is getting some discussion over there, also. especially how this will affect the recruitment of MM. 

please..........let this be over very, very soon.😔

I wouldn’t worry about what they’re saying on that thread. It’s a Stanford fan trying to cause problems. Amy Williams said this incident will not affect recruiting….I hope she is right. 

HoopHead said "

15 hours ago, hoop_head said:

Old school radio guy...stop stepping on your partner when it's his turn to speak. That was a painful segment to listen to and if that's the norm, yuck. 

Right, HoopHead.  I had never listened to him before but this afternoon I tried a few episodes.  PAINFUL!  So full of no content filler cliches and he repeatedly cuts off and shouts down his guests.  About the time they get to the point of developing a thought, he interrupts with a "but it is what it is" or a "at the end of the day" or a "be that as it may" which leads back to his thoughts not those of his guest.  

According to the program director at 93.7 Ashley will not do her radio show tonight.

Also, any chance we could change this thread title to just about anything else other than “Coach Love”. I get it’s his name but it’s a really unfortunate title. 

Edited by doc1394

25 minutes ago, Tom Jones said:

HoopHead said "

Right, HoopHead.  I had never listened to him before but this afternoon I tried a few episodes.  PAINFUL!  So full of no content filler cliches and he repeatedly cuts off and shouts down his guests.  About the time they get to the point of developing a thought, he interrupts with a "but it is what it is" or a "at the end of the day" or a "be that as it may" which leads back to his thoughts not those of his guest.  

Yeah, not a DP fan.  Arrogant, tries to bring a social worker approach to sports, does repeat the clichés you quoted above incessantly.   But I could see people getting wowed by it, until they figure out the emperor has no clothes.

1 hour ago, HB said:

Yeah, not a DP fan.  Arrogant, tries to bring a social worker approach to sports, does repeat the clichés you quoted above incessantly.   But I could see people getting wowed by it, until they figure out the emperor has no clothes.

I totally get what you're saying.  I thought that for months.

But then I realized the dude isn't going to get rich off local radio and he's actively trying to get unrecognized sports into peoples view.  He might "know" things and perhaps over play them to his benefit, but I don't think it's anything nefarious.

I don't trust anyone,  but I distrust far more people's motives than DP.  

oh, there will be more said.  UNL will make the official announcement that he is gone for good along with some details of his separation package - which will generate some angst. She, and/or her media consultant, may (or may not) air complaints about the unfairness of the method of her dismissal.  And those who know, or who claim to, will leak some tidbits as time goes by.  

With Trev Alberts saying it is an HR issue and that they can not say anything about it says it all.  It is unbelievable to me that an individual would put their career and marriage / family in jeopardy by interacting inappropriately with a player he coaches.  If you are going to engage in that type of behavior, at least be smart enough to not do it at work.

Everything has just been speculation to this point.  There really hasn't been anything of "note" released outside of the dismissal of both parties. 

It's just wild that something like this happens, is talked about for a few days, and then nothing.  I don't even think local talking heads are discussing it any more are they?

44 minutes ago, HuskerFan1981 said:

I’m not sure an affair is given. I mean why would that end up with Scoggin off the team? They both travelled to the Penn St game even though neither participated. Could it be some sort of ncaa violation? Love was the one who got her here. 

A video WAS taken by those who "caught" her in his bed.